PDA

View Full Version : Tac One Eating O'rings

wroberson
01-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Well, I guess I'm not alone. I've seen several threads about this problem. My $500.00 Tac One is eating O-Rings off of my $300.00 4500 PSI tank like I eat Hershey's kisses. I've read the other threads and have ground off (shortened) the pin in the air tank attach fitting/receptacle under the handle. The tank seems much happier screwing in now. First real trial by fire is tomorrow. If it still eats O-rings I'll buy a nicer Receptacle.

I'm really just posting this to try to encourage AGD to take some remedial steps (maybe they have). THERE IS A PROBLEM!!! It really is a little disappointing that such a nice gun has that kind of problem.

I hope I don't sound too disgruntled. I do love the gun. I just want to play instead of fixing the problems like this.

jade_monkey07
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
i too had that problem with my tac when i got it a year ago. i took the expensive way out and bought a maxflo. no more takin that tank off:p

Well, I guess I'm not alone. I've seen several threads about this problem. My $500.00 Tac One is eating O-Rings off of my $300.00 4500 PSI tank like I eat Hershey's kisses. I've read the other threads and have ground off (shortened) the pin in the air tank attach fitting/receptacle under the handle. The tank seems much happier screwing in now. First real trial by fire is tomorrow. If it still eats O-rings I'll buy a nicer Receptacle.

I'm really just posting this to try to encourage AGD to take some remedial steps (maybe they have). THERE IS A PROBLEM!!! It really is a little disappointing that such a nice gun has that kind of problem.

I hope I don't sound too disgruntled. I do love the gun. I just want to play instead of fixing the problems like this.

georgeyew
01-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Not all regulators and ASAs (what you call a receptacle) are built the same. Some fit together better than others. I guess that you'll have to find an ASA that works with your tank regulator.

thedeceiver
01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
When I bought my tac-one in 04 or 05? I am not 100% sure, I know that I built up my setup with a brand new max-flo inline reg with 4500psi tank. The tank is dated 04, 5 year tank. The only problem that I have, is that the on/off on the reg is busted. It just lets air through as if it was wide open. I have tried tons of O-rings, to no avail. They just can't stand up to ~4kpsi of pressure. Whenever I need to take apart my marker, I have to empty the tank. I cycle the marker until the input pressure isn't enough to charge the valve. Then I slowly unscrew the bicycle foregrip to let the air system completely drain. It's a hassle but I have lived with it for years. Others are always convincing me to drop the tank and go for preset, but then I would lose reactivity. pfft...If I drop the the adjustable tank I might as well go buy myself a smart parts ion =(

I am wondering if there is some sort of fix. Like having a quick disconnect on the macroline...*shrugs*

DrGonzo
01-05-2008, 11:30 AM
I've had the same problem. Both my tank and my air-thru-stock have cut o-rings apart.

Will likely replace the ASA in the spring.

TheRock
01-05-2008, 02:04 PM
When I bought my tac-one in 04 or 05? I am not 100% sure, I know that I built up my setup with a brand new max-flo inline reg with 4500psi tank. The tank is dated 04, 5 year tank. The only problem that I have, is that the on/off on the reg is busted. It just lets air through as if it was wide open. I have tried tons of O-rings, to no avail. They just can't stand up to ~4kpsi of pressure. Whenever I need to take apart my marker, I have to empty the tank. I cycle the marker until the input pressure isn't enough to charge the valve. Then I slowly unscrew the bicycle foregrip to let the air system completely drain. It's a hassle but I have lived with it for years. Others are always convincing me to drop the tank and go for preset, but then I would lose reactivity. pfft...If I drop the the adjustable tank I might as well go buy myself a smart parts ion =(

I am wondering if there is some sort of fix. Like having a quick disconnect on the macroline...*shrugs*

Have you looked at the smartvalve for sharp edges? i have never busted those orings and i fill it to 4500psi. and keep tose lubed!

wroberson
01-05-2008, 04:44 PM
After a day at the field and several on/ off cycles with the tank, I'm pretty sure that I've fixed the problem by grinding down the ASA pin about 25%, or stated another way to 75% of its original length. Now, the tank screws in much farther before the pressure hits the gun. After the pressure hits the gun I have maybe a another turn or two at the most to fully seat the tank. Before, the pressure was coming on really early and I had to screw the tank in five or six more revolutions, and that's when the O'Rings were Broken. I'm still getting plenty of pressure.

The conclusion that its working is based on only one day at the field, it'll be a few more weeks before I know for certain. But, I think its fixed.

Spider-TW
01-05-2008, 07:10 PM
An ASA with an on/off and bleed down takes the the stress off of the screw-in tank orings. The CP pro minis are reallly nice ($).

I have a max flo inline that I have changed the blasted on/off oring in three times now. This last time, I polished the hole in the on/off plug so it is not sharp, but I have only used it a few times so far. I also put a slide check in the line in case it cuts again. :mad: