PDA

View Full Version : Need help, 68 classic w/retrovalve, lvl 10 bolt

DemskeetSkeet
01-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi there! I have had issues with my automag with retro valve, and level 10 bolt. I had tunaman himself help me strip down my valve and clean it out, install the lvl 10, and got it to fire flawlessly. He also told me that it would leak through the barrel and that I would have to change the gold ring(the ones that are marked with dots and lines) after some use. I changed it and it worked fine.

The problem I have been having with it is that it will dry fire, but when I put ammo in it it won't fire at all!

Is there a specific reason that it would be having this bolt stick with paint in it?

Please, I live in Michigan and no one near me knows about automags, the paintball store in my city and the next went out of business.

Any help would be appreciated. I am very upset because I have invested a lot of money into this gun, my cousin has the lvl 7 ventury bolt and retro valve and it works flawlessly.

Thank you very much!

ljpiller
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Does it make a kind of chuffing/coughing noise? If that is the case check your level 10 tuning. It's a little too sensitive.

DemskeetSkeet
01-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Does it make a kind of chuffing/coughing noise? If that is the case check your level 10 tuning. It's a little too sensitive.

It makes the sound as if the paintball isn't all the way in the chamber, like the bolt hits the paintball and bounces right back, I am not sure what to do, this is very aggrevating, I have been trying to solve this problem for almost a year now. Both paintball stores near me closed up and I don't know anyone that can tune my lvl 10 and retro valve.

Very frustrating, do you think i should just contact agd directly?

thanks for your concern

Coralis
01-06-2008, 12:51 AM
level 10 tuning video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mvr30jKhw)

secretweaponevan
01-06-2008, 03:36 AM
Sounds like you are riding the borderline.

First, get your gun to your field's velocity.

If it already is, try using a shorter bolt spring. You need the bolt to encounter slightly less resistance during its initial forward travel.

If that doesn't work, if you aren't using the largest carrier that doesn't leak, move up a (half) carrier size. Too tight a carrier can also cause too much "stiction".

If all else fails, wait for athomas. That guy is really, really good.

DemskeetSkeet
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you are riding the borderline.

First, get your gun to your field's velocity.

If it already is, try using a shorter bolt spring. You need the bolt to encounter slightly less resistance during its initial forward travel.

If that doesn't work, if you aren't using the largest carrier that doesn't leak, move up a (half) carrier size. Too tight a carrier can also cause too much "stiction".

If all else fails, wait for athomas. That guy is really, really good.

Hey thanks guys, I believe athomas wrote me about my problem in the level 10 problem stickied topic, He told me to turn up the velocity, if that doesnt work then I need to change to a smaller spring, if that doesn't work, take out any shims, and change the carrier size, so I will be trying these things in the next couple of days.

Thanks guys!

Lude55
01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey thanks guys, I believe athomas wrote me about my problem in the level 10 problem stickied topic, He told me to turn up the velocity, if that doesnt work then I need to change to a smaller spring, if that doesn't work, take out any shims, and change the carrier size, so I will be trying these things in the next couple of days.

Thanks guys!

Let us know what happens.