PDA

View Full Version : Best hopper for the Tac-One?

Hook
01-06-2008, 09:50 AM
For the longest time, I've used a Qloader on every marker I've owned, save for my Tiberius Tac-9 which works well with a regular gravity-fed hopper.

With the imminent arrival of my Tac-One, I've decided to quit the 'Q and go with a more user-friendly solution, the electronic hopper.

But which one should I get? My knowledge with these beasts is close to nothing. I know that the Halo B is a popular choice... What do you fellow maggots recommend?

Ace-Jack
01-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Well, I use an Empire Reloader B, and that's a great hopper for your Tac-One. I shot about 4-5 boxes of paint and still haven't had to change the batteries (I use 4 AA-batteries, this makes the hopper feed fast enough for my tac-one). I would recommend the reloader B because it is also sound activated.

MeŠiCX
01-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Quit the Q?? You feeling ok?? J/K when I didn't have the Q on my old Tac-One, I used a Halo TSA LED frontman smoke hopper. It's lower that most hoppers and feeds 15bps which is just fine to the Tac. I use it occasionally on my e-mag.

Hook
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I'll be Q'ing an A-5 or X7 soon, but want to equip the 'mag and Tiberius with hoppers.

Mind you, I've had a blast with my Qloaded markers, but I feel its time I mingle motirized hoppers for a bit.

olinar
01-06-2008, 01:43 PM
The revvy had always been quick enough for my use. I got a warp recently and im likin it so i might use that.

garbageman705
01-06-2008, 02:29 PM
I have used a few hoppers.

12 volt revolution: Works really well up to about 6-8 BPS and holds 200 balls, runs a long time on two 9 volt batteries. :rofl:

VL Evlution Egg-3: Feeds really fast does not EVER jam, looks kind of funny and is back heavy. Runs for about 3 cases on two 9 volts provided you take them out when your done. Holds 190 balls, feedneck is a little small and some say fragile but I have never had a problem. :clap:

Halo B with V35 board: Toughest shell on the planet, 5 cases of paint on 6 AA batteries. Holds 160 balls. Spring loaded force feed. 22 BPS consistent.

Now the bad stuff: My halo has had a slew of problems, first, the 6 pack battery brick shorted out, next my board fried out now it jams for no reason. I have to send it back to get it fixed and that sucks because it is brand new. :cry:

Vlocity Junior with Virtue chip: Best hopper I have used, holds 175 balls, short and squat feeds really fast, 30 BPS on fresh batteries. Tons of settings with the virtue chip, you can set feed speed, feed force, decrease tension settings, and AUTO ANTI JAM, without an aftermarket chip hopper is not so good. Tough feedneck about 2 cases of paint on two 9 volts. Good balance and very lightweight. :dance:

Hook
01-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the great feedback and recommendations, it's much appreciated!

the music man
01-08-2008, 06:24 PM
allpaintballsupplies is selling smoke Vlocity Jr's with Gangstar chips for $95. Just got mine yesterday, and all the different modes are awesome. The Gangstar chip has gotten nothing but rave reviews, and it seems pretty easy to see why - speed, tension, and more are adjustable. There's also breakout modes, plus modes designed around ramping, full auto, etc.

Here's a link: http://www.allpaintballsupplies.com/smoke-viewloader-vlocity-junior-with-gangstar-chip-p-1710.html

Moose52
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
I use a Ricochet 2kx hopper on mine and have never had a problem with it. It kept up as fast as i could pull the trigger and i like it's slim design.

Swampy
01-09-2008, 01:20 AM
I use a Ricochet 2kx hopper on mine and have never had a problem with it. It kept up as fast as i could pull the trigger and i like it's slim design.

I got a apache its a better then my old revy I had, But I don't like the lids location which is not a big deal