PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 7 Problems

warbeak2099
01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
So I put a lvl 7 in my x-valve and it leaks massively down the barrel when I gas it up, along with the bolt pushing forward and staying there. I've got the shortest spacer possible in. Here's what I've got in the powertube:

Lvl 7 Powertube Tip w/ o-ring on it
Lvl 7 Spacer
Lvl 7 Washer

What the hell man!

snoopay700
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I think i found your problem, it should be like this:

Lvl 7 Spacer
Lvl 7 Powertube O-Ring

Not a washer, unless you meant o-ring by washer, then you might just have a bad o-ring.

warbeak2099
01-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I think i found your problem, it should be like this:

Lvl 7 Spacer
Lvl 7 Powertube O-Ring

Not a washer, unless you meant o-ring by washer, then you might just have a bad o-ring.

Yea maybe I need a new powertube o-ring. Idkn though, the bolt goes forward and gets stuck there, venting air. I mean, I can push it back but when I take my finger out it shoots back forwards. Like the sear isn't stopping the bolt. It works on my classic valve but not my x-valve.

snoopay700
01-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Yea maybe I need a new powertube o-ring. Idkn though, the bolt goes forward and gets stuck there, venting air. I mean, I can push it back but when I take my finger out it shoots back forwards. Like the sear isn't stopping the bolt. It works on my classic valve but not my x-valve.
Hmm, it sounds like it might be bolt stick coupled with a bad o-ring. Or maybe there's something wrong with your sear or on/off, i really don't know what it could be, i would just replace the power tube o-ring and if it still does it check the rest of the gun, this is really weird.

warbeak2099
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm thinking I just need to turn the velocity down since lvl 10 requires higher velocity because of the smaller bolt stem.

snoopay700
01-06-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm thinking I just need to turn the velocity down since lvl 10 requires higher velocity because of the smaller bolt stem.
That could be it, never heard of it happening, but you never know.

warbeak2099
01-06-2008, 09:10 PM
It worked. But now I'm getting horrible runaway. Damnit...

athomas
01-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Check your sear and bolt for wear.

warbeak2099
01-13-2008, 11:04 AM
The sear and bolt are fine. Now I'm getting massive leak again. Roman couldn't even help me. This is insanity.

Coralis
01-13-2008, 11:39 AM
do you have a ult ? if so how many shims ?

Scott Hudnall
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I think Coralis is on the right track with the ULT.

take your valve back to stock, including the on/off. get the L7 bolt working, including a new power tube oring, make sure it's assembled in correct order, too.

There's no reason the L7 bolt wouldn't work just fine.

Your sear, however, may be the problem if you've got runaway. it could be worn "just enough" to not engage the bolt.

here's a tip when using the L7 bolt: get a "foamie" bolt, it will significantly soften the impact of the bolt on the ball and considerably cut down on breakage. I honestly have no problems with breaking paint, and I use only the L7 foamie bolt.

good luck. :cheers:

warbeak2099
01-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Well it shouldn't be the ULT since when I put the lvl 10 back in there is no runaway. In fact I just played last night with the lvl 10 and it shot flawlessly.

I tried putting the lvl 7 back in last night and it just leaked down the barrel massively. Again, I have the smallest spacer in it. Also, the sear seems to work just fine on the lvl 10. Maybe there's wear on the lvl 7 bolt itself?

Coralis
01-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I tried putting the lvl 7 back in last night and it just leaked down the barrel massively. Again, I have the smallest spacer in it. Also, the sear seems to work just fine on the lvl 10. Maybe there's wear on the lvl 7 bolt itself? possibly, also remember because of the piston size of the level 7 there is more force pushing on the bolt so if your ult is set up with lots of shims you may not have enough sear on the bolt to hold it back ( if what im saying makes sense to you)

warbeak2099
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
That does make sense. By taking off shims I'd be adding length to the on/off pin and therefore putting more force on the back of the sear which would push up on the front of the sear, the part that catches the bolt. I will try that and also take a good look at my bolt.