PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who has a MINI, ON/OFF ASA

trevorjk
01-07-2008, 02:23 AM
well not exactly an ASA but it is a thread saver that goes between your tank and your ASA. it will add roughly an inch to the ASA but it has ON/OFF WITH Purge!

havent gotten my hands on one yet to see if its worth the $30 but so far it looks promising and the people on PBN are saying decent things about it

Inline On/off w/purge

Newest On/Off w/purge is used in between your bottom line ASA and your tank. Easy to use with a twist to turn outside ring. Say goodbye to those hard to thread tanks once they start to air up. Use on virtually any marker. Click pic or here for larger view.

* small profile

* prevents thread damage due to early tank air up "hard to thread on condition", normal with standard bottom line ASA's

* turn outside ring to off, purges the marker lines for easy tank removal

http://www.newdesignz.com/Misc_5.htm

http://www.newdesignz.com/Pics/art_onoffInline.jpg
http://images.actionvillage.com/inc/images/large/031-206-0046.jpg?cell=500,450&cvt=jpg

can buy here
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=ham1ztXO2Hy185JPUHd1Zt9oDBhWBk8jKdo=?Pro ductID=kXLAqArb8iQAAAEWlrNxB_4w

trevorjk
01-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Pics taken from PBN

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/doimakeurandy311/newmini3.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/doimakeurandy311/newmini4.jpg

d4m4don3
01-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Get a 420SV, that product is ridiculously long.

http://www.centerflagproducts.com/photo_album/pages/420_sv_twins_jpg.htm

video (http://www.centerflagproducts.com/pics_and_videos/videos/420-SV-md.wmv)
Notice the ASA in that video? Standard AGD ASA, cuts o-rings like butter.

trevorjk
01-07-2008, 03:14 AM
i think you misunderstood what the point of the thread is. on the MINI (invert) the regulator that you screw the tank into does NOT have an ON/OFF and/or Purge for when you want to take the tank off. which for most MINI users, this is the biggest complaint. and no companies have yet to make a regulator with an on/off for the mini. so the product i linked to by New Designz is a thread saver with an on/off purge that you can have directly mounted to your tank and gun at the same time.

understand?

d4m4don3
01-07-2008, 03:33 AM
i think you misunderstood what the point of the thread is. on the MINI (invert) the regulator that you screw the tank into does NOT have an ON/OFF and/or Purge for when you want to take the tank off. which for most MINI users, this is the biggest complaint. and no companies have yet to make a regulator with an on/off for the mini. so the product i linked to by New Designz is a thread saver with an on/off purge that you can have directly mounted to your tank and gun at the same time.

understand?

I understand, I saw the Mini and helt it at NPPL OC 2006, I've had the mini since dec 15, 2006 and was basically a guinea pig, my mini was back with KEE in the first few months with the board issues.poppet issues, body milling/detent issues. I have also had been annoyed with the tank getting stuck unless I fired will unscrewing. I got the 420 SV because of this fact.

The fact that this ASA adds an inch to the length of the marker will make the mini more unbalanced even more. I did my research with this. SP has/had an on/off that was similar. The fact that NDZ made one kinda makes me laugh. The centerflag reg only adds about 3/8th's of an inch and is far superior to these on/offs.

I just wish someone would create a regulor to replace the mini's that has an on/off. :cry:

btw its an Invert Mini

trevorjk
01-07-2008, 03:37 AM
i know its Invert mini ;) i own one as well. and i just now realized what you meant by the 420sv :p its late and i should be sleeping

:cheers:

NigelF
01-07-2008, 03:45 AM
I don't see the reason for adding an extra inch. I'm trying to keep my tank as far forward without adding a drop-forward. Most ASAs these days have an on/off built in, and to tell the truth, I still don't see the problem if they don't; unless you're running CO2 the air release won't be slicing o-rings (and even then, just be careful when you take the tank off, and invest in spare o-rings). I'll stick with the pin-valve for my screw-in tanks. As far as the "thread saver" aspect goes, I see a little more merit there... but still not much. We're dealing with a fairly coarse thread on the ASAs here people, it takes effort to cross-thread. I have little sympathy for anyone who is able to strip the threads on an ASA.

I'm not going to knock anyone for picking one up, I'm sure there's instances where one would probably work pretty well. Bottom line, if it makes ya happy...

druid
01-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Meh...I think I'll stick with my DP RAPS on/off with rail, purge and GAUGE for the few bucks more...

d4m4don3
01-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Meh...I think I'll stick with my DP RAPS on/off with rail, purge and GAUGE for the few bucks more...

Guys, this is a choice for mini owners, the asa on a mini doubles as a nonstandard regulator which prevents upgrades like the raps or cp on/offs, or hybrid push buttons.

It's not an issue on crossing the threads on the mini. It isn't very hard to screw it on the gun. Getting it out if you're using an hpa tank that has 850 psi output pressure is the problem.

Solutions so far.
Dry fire will unscrewing the tank.
Use your muscles?
Someones modified a macdev conquest reg and completely replaced the asa/reg.
Use an LP tank
Use a sp on/off
Use a Centerflag 420SV
Use an NDZ on/off.
Use a remote coil with a slide check valve.

NigelF
01-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Guys, this is a choice for mini owners, the asa on a mini doubles as a nonstandard regulator which prevents upgrades like the raps or cp on/offs, or hybrid push buttons.

crap.... you're right, apologies. I don't own a mini (although I've been eyeing them when my ego isn't looking) so I can't really give an entirely helpful response on the idea, but in principle I believe my statements still hold water and I'll stand by them, but at the same time I'll see my way out of here :) .

Cheers everybody

Bolter
01-07-2008, 08:29 AM
I use an SP on/off, and I actually prefer the extra inch (ok that sounds weird :) )

But these actually look pretty nifty!

trevorjk
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I use an SP on/off, and I actually prefer the extra inch (ok that sounds weird :) )

But these actually look pretty nifty!

the SP On/Off does not have a purge correct?

craltal
01-07-2008, 02:44 PM

correct

kruger
01-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Was at BearClaw a coupla weeks ago running the Air for the event and a guy with a mini showed it to me. It looks good and seems to work like advertised. I like the way that it worked.

Bolter
01-07-2008, 05:02 PM

Correct but it is a pretty good substitute.

pump
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

i need one i need one i need one

im trying to get a Centerflag 420 SV just for that reason, but CF wont sell to indivuduals and ASP is having a hard time bringing them in

but this will work on any tank...yippee

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Standard AGD ASA, cuts o-rings like butter.
weird my AGD asa is the best ever....i never have cut an oring yet

I use an SP on/off, and I actually prefer the extra inch (ok that sounds weird :) ) yeah same here...these are perfect for 13ci tanks and duckbills, i actually use an old Sterling ASA thats super long...perfect for stubbies and 13ci

d4m4don3
01-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Centerflag won't sell to inviduals because they have no way of confirming who'll install the reg. They feel its a safety issue and if you do want one directly from them you could send your tank to them and they'll install the reg on it for you. Give them a call and you can work something out. Unless you can find a centerflag dealer locally.

pump
01-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Centerflag won't sell to inviduals because they have no way of confirming who'll install the reg. They feel its a safety issue and if you do want one directly from them you could send your tank to them and they'll install the reg on it for you. Give them a call and you can work something out. Unless you can find a centerflag dealer locally.

eh.....easier and cheaper just to get this new designs one

curious to know how it actually works

does it push the pin down and bleed or does it hold the psi back the whole time?

d4m4don3
01-08-2008, 10:46 AM
eh.....easier and cheaper just to get this new designs one

curious to know how it actually works

does it push the pin down and bleed or does it hold the psi back the whole time?

It's a slide check valve built into a reg. When you release it the valve bleeds and you can remove the tank rather easily. Having tried the sp on/off it threw the gun's balance off even more and became a little cumbersome. The ndz design seems similar but I hear it has a bleed.

pump
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
It's a slide check valve built into a reg. When you release it the valve bleeds and you can remove the tank rather easily. Having tried the sp on/off it threw the gun's balance off even more and became a little cumbersome. The ndz design seems similar but I hear it has a bleed.so its a reg as well woah?
so what about the tanks pin? how is it depressed is what im asking

d4m4don3
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
so its a reg as well woah?
so what about the tanks pin? how is it depressed is what im asking
Well theres still a spring pushing on the reg pin, just that the air passage is closed off so no air will pass thru.

pump
01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
oh so its just a on off bleed cap for a screw in tank

not a pin depressor and on off

so you screw that on the tank....pin depresses and is pressured the whole time

is that how it is?

thought it would press down on the pin and gas up the gun at the same time

still...........very useful for us duckbill holdouts