PDA

View Full Version : Old School CCM Cockers

Ryknow
01-07-2008, 09:29 PM
I just started playing again after a 2 year hiatus or so and noticed how the market for basically everything high end is now as cheap used a new high end spyder used to be. Now my question is this, would it be worthwhile to sell my CCM J2 cocker? I payed dearly for it when it was new, close to 800. Would I be able to sell it for a decent amount? I would I be looking at some crap number like 200 bucks.

I dont particularly want to get rid of it, it shoots perfect, is stupidly efficient and consistent, and has yet to break on me *knock on wood*. Oh, and its a cocker, so its more accurate than other guns on the market, amirite? :tard:

Anyways, if someone wants to shoot me some feedback, that would be great!

craltal
01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
I just started playing again after a 2 year hiatus or so and noticed how the market for basically everything high end is now as cheap used a new high end spyder used to be. Now my question is this, would it be worthwhile to sell my CCM J2 cocker? I payed dearly for it when it was new, close to 800. Would I be able to sell it for a decent amount? I would I be looking at some crap number like 200 bucks.

I dont particularly want to get rid of it, it shoots perfect, is stupidly efficient and consistent, and has yet to break on me *knock on wood*. Oh, and its a cocker, so its more accurate than other guns on the market, amirite? :tard:

odds are you're not going to get a whole lot for it, depending on upgrades, maybe 3-400 if the buyer knows them.

drg
01-07-2008, 09:51 PM
That's pretty much the range for a gun like that -- if you can find a buyer. Also depends on the specifics, including condition.

going_home
01-07-2008, 09:58 PM

If its got the CCM internals, my suggestion is put a CCM autotrigger pump kit on it and keep it.
CCM is supposed to be coming out with a pump grip soon also like this one (the one in the pic is a Rainman pump grip) :

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0004-8.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/going_home/DSC_0003-6.jpg

ElGringo
01-07-2008, 11:07 PM
If you really want something new to shoot, go for a trade. What year is it? '03 or '04? Pictures?

senghing27
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Hmmm J2's.... Very Tasty...

Not really worth it to sell, unless it's something different than your average J2, and then you gotta find someone that appreciates them enough

Ryknow
01-08-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the input.. and I can get some pics.. but Im not sure if I want to get rid of it.

Other than that, it is bone stock.. except the fact that it basically comes with damn near everything.. just needs a decent barrel, its got the old progressive on it. Would love a JnJ for it or something, but im working out a deal for a sick mag at the moment.

txaggie08
01-09-2008, 05:38 AM
Check out deadlywinds fibur barrel....

if it wasn't using freak inserts it would be perfect.....as it is I strip the smart parts logos off mine and pretend not to notice...

JAM
01-11-2008, 05:46 PM
unfortunately you're gonna have a hard time getting a good deal for it.

I love my series 5 cocker from that same timeframe... if you like the gun, it will be more worth it to just buy an affordable electro and keep the J2 for days you feel "mech".

and that's not really "old school" is it? maybe the works cockers chipley made before he started his own line. ps- if anyone has a works they want to sell PM me. ;)

Duzzy
01-12-2008, 05:20 AM
unfortunately you're gonna have a hard time getting a good deal for it.

I love my series 5 cocker from that same timeframe... if you like the gun, it will be more worth it to just buy an affordable electro and keep the J2 for days you feel "mech".

and that's not really "old school" is it? maybe the works cockers chipley made before he started his own line. ps- if anyone has a works they want to sell PM me. ;)

There were two on the nation a few days ago in the pump section. Might see if they're still around.

wolf13
01-12-2008, 01:25 PM
drilled for eyes? what frame does it have? what anno? J2's have some interest, the most valuable will be a slide trigger cocker with no eye holes and fancy anno. 200 is low for a J2.

M-a-s-sDriver
01-12-2008, 11:40 PM
This may seem a little self-serving,(because I am selling a friends '03 J2) but here is some good information for CCM afficianados:
One of the original partners of the CCM brand, John B., has become a good friend of mine.
I bought his personal camo anno'ed "04 not long after he had finished it. He also did his son's "Works" body in the same anno. Chipley's own pump was done in the same anno camo style but in an artsy gloss blue and red. I almost bought that gun too.
Anyway, I was under the impression that the Works body was the best and rarest, but John said the '04 J2 is actually the scarcest of the three body styles, followed by the '03, with the Works being by far the most manufactured. I had always assumed there were thousands of each body style sold, but he corrected me and said the '03's numbered somewhere in the low 100's, while the '04's probably never reached more than 100 bodies made, maybe more.
They made more Works than the others put together.
We are going to the SHOT Show in a couple of weeks, and since we are driving from my house to Vegas, I'll try to get more specifics about the bodies.
Anyway, don't just sell your CCM's for a lowball, they are worth a little consideration for rarity.
Brent.

Ryknow
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Well Ive come across a deal I didnt want to pass up so its now for sale.. le sigh.. head over to the markers for sale if you wanna check it out.