PDA

View Full Version : Retro valve questions

Snooky
01-14-2002, 08:37 PM
I'm wanting to know about the retro valve. From what i read it makes ur mag into an rt so to speak. What makes this valve so much better than the original and can u see the impact in performance with this valve over the other one? I also heard about the go retro program but i m not sure what the details are could someone fill me in or give me a link to answer these questions. Thank you.

Xzion
01-14-2002, 09:22 PM
The ReTro Valve, is the EXACT same valve used in the RT PRO and E-Mag, and will perform virtually the same, once fine tuned. what makes it better, is the valve recharges at full line pressure, meanign if you have your nitro tank to output at 800 PSI your trigger will return with 800 PSI of force when you begin to let go of the trigger, and the valve chamber recharges at 800 PSI and then is reguulated, where as the A.I.R. valve regulates it at 400 PSI then fills the chamber. The Go ReTro program is where you trade your A.I.R. valve in, plus some cash, and exchange it for a ReTro Valve, usually done through a local pro shop.

Snooky
01-16-2002, 11:43 PM
Anyone have one of these? How do u like it? Would it be just as well to buy a retro valve and put it on a mag or buy an rt? Any problems with these valves that u have had? thanx for help.

RobAGD
01-17-2002, 01:29 AM
I have 4 RT style valves ( Emags and RT and ReTro ).

I love the performance, I shoot ropes at people and I am alway in the same 3-5" circle ( with good paint ) when the throw paint back at me it's all over the place. It is all about Velocity consistancy.

The Trigger kick is a personal prefferance, I like running 1000-1100 psi into my gun but it was also tune for working at that pressure. Nice firm snappy trigger, almost no bounce at all.

It's all a matter of what you like.

-Robert

[NA]WARLORD
01-17-2002, 02:10 AM
If you already have a Mag get the Retro (200.00 plus old valve/ 300.00 bought by itself) either way its still cheaper than buying an R/T Pro or E-Mag. I would also get the Intelliframe, this will let you hammer on trigger easier than a stock trigger will. Give you full benefit of Retro valve, as well as an adjustable Nitro tank.

toymyster
01-17-2002, 02:01 PM
I traded my AIR in for the retro!!! The difference is astounding!!! The rate of fire is significantly higher, with more shot to shot consistency!!! You won't regret it!!!

spacemanspiff
01-17-2002, 04:23 PM
Yeah my rt valve should be here tomorrow:D
I can't wait. But I did the valve program and its real easy. Plus alot cheeper than buying it somewhere else. Just call AGD or you can do it through the online store. I did it throught the online store. No really problems just takes a while to get the confermation # and stuff like that. But its not bad there prity quick about it.

Snooky
01-17-2002, 06:06 PM
I think ill just buy the valve seperate cause i have an almost complete other mag that needs a valve. Thinking about buying one on here or ebay. Thanks for info guys

gibby
01-17-2002, 07:12 PM
Hehe...I just got mine yesterday. Too bad I don't have any air in my tank...DOH!!