3.jakeman

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/jakeman7676/DSCN1097.jpg

4.Spduca

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd96/Spduca1098/vbezxz014.jpg

5.bagheera

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/roguesniper383/IMAGE_310.jpg

mpsd
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
As far as I love pump Mags, I really liked Rehkal's combination. Even though I think that this thing is really close to an Open Class contestant. (Z-Grip, Pneus, T2W stock, Q-Loader and so on).

jenarelJAM
01-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Jakeman, I have to tell you, the colors and finish on that marker are a beauty. And it's all oldschool parts. Perfect in this competition.

Resurection
01-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Y-grips are old skool?

Whee McGee
01-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Y-grips are old skool?
Classic with a stovepipe. Looks alright to me.

Resurection
01-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Classic with a stovepipe. Looks alright to me.

I agree, my point was that the comment was made 'all old school' parts... and I didn't think a Y-grip would really be old school.

miroslav
01-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Jakeman, I have to tell you, the colors and finish on that marker are a beauty. And it's all oldschool parts. Perfect in this competition.

I have to agree with you.

Jakeman, I absolutely love that color combination. Great looking Mag

cerrik
01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
All I gotta say is good luck with that pumpmag in gents. They always seem to win just because they are pump... Pumpmags should have their own cat.

And yes, Z-grips are considered old skool. :D

robnix
01-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Had to go with Jakeman. I LOVE the red marble ano rail matched with the chrome parts. Very solid and well thought out.

Bagheera
01-09-2008, 01:50 AM
I agree, my point was that the comment was made 'all old school' parts... and I didn't think a Y-grip would really be old school.

That's why I included mine, even though it's not the prettiest Mag up there. It looks exactly like it did when I bought it from the paintball shop in Azusa in 1992. (photo is recent.) Not a thing has changed on the Mag (yet.) Powerfeed bodies were considered aftermarket back then. (mine doesn't have the powerfeed body.)

jakeman7676
01-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys

But, just out of curiosity when did Y-Frames come out?

ThePixelGuru
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
But, just out of curiosity when did Y-Frames come out?
2003 if I'm not mistaken.

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Y-grips are old skool?
Really, if you're gonna gripe about that then gripe about the ULE body and CF barrel. Not trying to be nasty, but i just find it odd you mention the y-grip and not the body.

Resurection
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
All I gotta say is good luck with that pumpmag in gents. They always seem to win just because they are pump... Pumpmags should have their own cat.

And yes, Z-grips are considered old skool. :D

You are absolutely right. Z-grips are old skool... but are Y-grips old skool, too?

Don't misunderstand me folks, I love the gun and the setup... I was just asking about the Y.

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 06:44 PM
You are absolutely right. Z-grips are old skool... but are Y-grips old skool, too?

Don't misunderstand me folks, I love the gun and the setup... I was just asking about the Y.
They're by no means old school really, more of a revamp of an old idea. But like i said, ULE bodies aren't oldschool either...

mpsd
01-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I saw this discution several times about frames and bodies being considered old school or not. I think there should be a set of rules determining what's old school and what's not.

For instance, these are the items I wouldn't consider as old school:

- ULE bodies and any aftermarket body (RPG, Deadlywinds, IT Bodies, SFLs, X-Mags and Phoenix bodies)
- Y-Grips and aftermarket grip frames like Logic, RPG, Cerberus and so on. Only ones I would consider as real old-schools would be single-triggered frames and the Z-Grip.
- X-Valves

What would maybe bounder that list, in my humble opinion, would be Stainless Steel RT valves (like the ReTro Valve or the e-Mag one).

About pumps, I really think some of them should be forced into the Open Class or, even better, I think they should run in a separate class of it's own, since they ALWAYS win as Classics.

Anyway, this is just my $ 0.02.

Maybe, if there are more people who thinks like me, we should make a poll on this.

:cheers:

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I saw this discution several times about frames and bodies being considered old school or not. I think there should be a set of rules determining what's old school and what's not.

For instance, these are the items I wouldn't consider as old school:

- ULE bodies and any aftermarket body (RPG, Deadlywinds, IT Bodies, SFLs, X-Mags and Phoenix bodies)
- Y-Grips and aftermarket grip frames like Logic, RPG, Cerberus and so on. Only ones I would consider as real old-schools would be single-triggered frames and the Z-Grip.
- X-Valves

What would maybe bounder that list, in my humble opinion, would be Stainless Steel RT valves (like the ReTro Valve or the e-Mag one).

About pumps, I really think some of them should be forced into the Open Class or, even better, I think they should run in a separate class of it's own, since they ALWAYS win as Classics.

Anyway, this is just my $ 0.02.

Maybe, if there are more people who thinks like me, we should make a poll on this.

:cheers:
I was actually thinking the same thing, but pumps should be allowed in the category they belong in, if they aren't a classic with a pump kit they go to open class, if they are an actual classic with a pump kit they go in the old school.

mpsd
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Could be that too. Another thing I forgot to mention are some trigger mods.

I don't think Pneumags and Electropneumags should be allowed on the Classic division.
Boo-Yah frames and stock Hyper Frames could be considered. Same thing for e-Mags with steel bodies. Any other frame should be Open class (I'm thinking of home made frames, Spydermag frames, Ego and Shocker modded frames, Hyper Frames with boards different then the stock one and so on).

I don't know. This would make the Classic division more accurate and held into it's objective.

ThePixelGuru
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, there are only two markers here that I feel really belong in the classic division, and those are mine and bagheera's. That being said, everything about Jakeman and Rehkal's markers are pretty much classic division, minus the y-frame and pneus respectively. Spduca's ULE pump isn't exactly old school, but it doesn't really fit with the open division, either. Besides, back in the day no one in their right mind would take a speedy new semi and hobble it with a pump kit, they would have just bought a pump to begin with.

Basically, yeah, most of the markers in the classic division don't really fit here, but they fit even less in the open division. With such diverse marker entries, it's pretty much impossible to create two coherent categories that are right for every marker every time. In my opinion, these markers aren't here because they fit in the classic division, but because they don't fit in the open division. That's why the classic division was created in the first place. Oh well, just my take on it.

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, there are only two markers here that I feel really belong in the classic division, and those are mine and bagheera's. That being said, everything about Jakeman and Rehkal's markers are pretty much classic division, minus the y-frame and pneus respectively. Spduca's ULE pump isn't exactly old school, but it doesn't really fit with the open division, either. Besides, back in the day no one in their right mind would take a speedy new semi and hobble it with a pump kit, they would have just bought a pump to begin with.

Basically, yeah, most of the markers in the classic division don't really fit here, but they fit even less in the open division. With such diverse marker entries, it's pretty much impossible to create two coherent categories that are right for every marker every time. In my opinion, these markers aren't here because they fit in the classic division, but because they don't fit in the open division. That's why the classic division was created in the first place. Oh well, just my take on it.
As i recall that lpr isn't actually hooked up, he was just planning on making it a pneu, but i could be wrong, i just thought i remembered him mentioning something about that.

Resurection
01-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Would you not consider my Classic RT fit for the 'Classic' category?

Smoothice
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Could be that too. Another thing I forgot to mention are some trigger mods.

I don't think Pneumags and Electropneumags should be allowed on the Classic division.
Boo-Yah frames and stock Hyper Frames could be considered. Same thing for e-Mags with steel bodies. Any other frame should be Open class (I'm thinking of home made frames, Spydermag frames, Ego and Shocker modded frames, Hyper Frames with boards different then the stock one and so on).

I don't know. This would make the Classic division more accurate and held into it's objective.

This discussion has already been done.

and the answer is:

He who gives the prize gets to choose the finalists.

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM

and the answer is:

I must say, that makes a heck of a lot more sense, he's got the right to make whatever rules he damn well pleases.

dixieoutfitter94
01-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm a sucker for pumpmags. :hail:

cerrik
01-10-2008, 12:21 AM
As i recall that lpr isn't actually hooked up, he was just planning on making it a pneu, but i could be wrong, i just thought i remembered him mentioning something about that.

Correct. Rehkal is ether going to eventually pneu the frame or attach that LPR to a homemade nerf launcher. We play alot of scenario and the both of us have been looking to create an alternative to over the shoulder laws for demo play.

warbeak2099
01-10-2008, 12:24 AM
As far as classic goes, Jakeman's is the best.

ThePixelGuru
01-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Would you not consider my Classic RT fit for the 'Classic' category?
Dunno, you'd have to remind me what your Classic RT looks like. Why do you ask?
EDIT: No, I'd say your Classic RT would fit well with the category, though it is pretty much stock. Still, why?

and the answer is:

That's true. I'm just saying there are reasons that some markers don't feel like they "fit" in the classic division, but ultimately I support the decision to put them there.

EDIT: My former post wasn't an attack on any entry or individual, just a musing on why these markers are in the classic division and not the open division. In fact, I believe they belong here more than in the open division.

Bagheera
01-11-2008, 09:20 PM

I'll go one further, and put mine in the BONE STOCK division. The marker hasn't changed since it left the shop in 1992. ;)

Although, this will be the last time it's ever seen like this, as I'm turning it into the Park-52 Mag very soon. However, this is one marker I won't be parting out, because if I ever feel like changing it back to what it originally was, I want to have all the original parts to do so.

TwilightG
01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
The whole discussion of what qualifies as "old school" has been done before... we almost lost this monthly competition as a result too :( (lots of flaming :cuss: ... it was just a bad scene)

I think it's still very subjective but in general, if we disqualified ULE bodies, Y-Frames, etc from being Old School, we ultimately end up with a bunch of stock Automags with an occasional splash kit.

I still keep my own personal opinions on what qualifies and just vote accordingly. If some sup'ed up pneu-ule-xvalved somethingorother (something clearly modern style) pops up in the old school list... meh, I just don't vote for it. It's all for fun anyway :D

mpsd
01-12-2008, 10:58 AM
You know what? In the end, you are right. It's up to whomever is voting to decide what's really old school and fun and what's not. :cheers:

Bagheera
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Agreed. I'm not even a T-shirt wearing kind of guy. ;)

The only reason I put mine up is because I was curious how a bone-stocker would do against modded "old skool" Mags. Almost 10% in a 4 marker contest isn't bad, especially considering how unflashy my Mag is. 4th place, and a solid showing. I feel like NM Governor Richardson in the Dem primaries.

Beemer
01-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Poll ends tomorrow. Get in here and vote. :dance:

Smoothice
01-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Poll ends tomorrow. Get in here and vote. :dance:

Thanks Beemer :cheers: