PDA

View Full Version : need quick help

angrysasquatch
01-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm trying out new springs on my LX and the spring on right now is too strong. I have bled the gas out, it's disconnected from the tank, but there's still trigger pressure, and therefore pressure in the valve. I have read to not take off the valve when pressurized or it will shoot out. How do I safely bleed out the pressure?

Tao
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
There shouldnt be pressure unless your airline has a back check valve. Once you disconnect the tank it should drain. My only though is your sear could be pushing the on/off pin and not allowing the valve to vent.

Either way, as long as there is no power source attached, pull the trigger, then take the valve out as normal, but aim the back end at a blanket, just in case it does shoot out.

angrysasquatch
01-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Alright, it turns out it wasn't the pressure holding the trigger, it was the o-ring ontop of the RT on/off caught behind the pin. I had to pull the trigger till it chopped through the o-ring.

Any ideas? I just tried the RT on/off after using the ULE for all it's life (which I owned it for). Did I forget to put something in there? Or is it because the little screw thing on the on/off was loose? Anyone have sizes and durometers for the o-ring I need?

Tao
01-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Alright, it turns out it wasn't the pressure holding the trigger, it was the o-ring ontop of the RT on/off caught behind the pin. I had to pull the trigger till it chopped through the o-ring.

Any ideas? I just tried the RT on/off after using the ULE for all it's life (which I owned it for). Did I forget to put something in there? Or is it because the little screw thing on the on/off was loose? Anyone have sizes and durometers for the o-ring I need?

You may have put the wrong oring in. There should be room for two in the bottom:
The large one is the same as the NON-LEVEL10 power tube oring. And the small one should fit snugly inside it and the on/off pin should fit snugly inside that.

It could have been your on/off asembly being loose since I don't know how the pin could have been caught in the oring... :confused: