PDA

View Full Version : Side feed bodies vs Center feed bodiess on the Automag classic

tekcon76
01-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I just had a quick qestion regarding center feed bodies . I currently have the classic Automag with a side feed body (original). I am thinking about going to a center feed body but I am concerned I will need to get different barrels. Will my twistlock barrels for my side feed body still fit in the center feed body?
Thanks!

mr doo doo
01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
no, sorry :( . barrels that work for the left/right feeds only twist to the right and left side. if you get a center feed body that uses twist-locks, you can only use barrels that twist-lock to the center.

shives007
01-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Actually, w/ a little modification, you can get most twist-loc barrels to work w/ most twist-loc bodies. Depending on how your grooves run.

A "T" groove will let you twist the barrel to work left or right (power-feed or direct). Two "L" grooves should work for both as well, you just need to use a different groove. A single "L" limits you.

Take your body off, and insert the barrel. Line up the openings. Look where the loc would go through the body. Mark it. Remove the barrel. Using a drill or dremel, make a slightly deeper divot at that spot. That will let the loc hold the barrel in the right orientation.

Shives

noleafclover
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
or you could get a centerfeed ULE and not have to deal with twist lock barrels :D

Jaan
01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
There's no performance benefit to going with center feed.

RT Proballer
01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
There's no performance benefit to going with center feed.
on the contrary, if you go center and you only are using a "shaker" hopper a center feed allows for a better feed. right and left feed hoopers stick out the side of bunkers slightly more then center feed.