PDA

View Full Version : now thats the anthem....

DYE-BaLLeR
01-14-2002, 08:46 PM
anyone kno the title of the song that has "now thats the anthem so put your damn hands up"?

InfinatyBPS
01-14-2002, 09:25 PM
I know its by JayZ, hmm I think its called Izo or somthing like that.

SoupRman
01-14-2002, 09:56 PM
h to the izzo-jay z

ProjectMag
01-14-2002, 10:28 PM
H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A
Fo' shizzle my nizzle used to dribble down in VA
That's the anthem get'cha damn hands up
Not guilty y'all got to feel me
That's the anthem get'cha damn hands UP! :D

ronron2112
01-15-2002, 03:18 PM
yes. exactly. jay Z.......

it spells HOVA, right?? is that his real name??

paintballer187
01-15-2002, 05:04 PM
yeah the actual name of the song is H.O.V.A. not sure what that means exactly

Army
01-15-2002, 07:02 PM
His name is Shawn C. Carter:cool:

ronron2112
01-15-2002, 07:04 PM
i stand corrected........ why am i always wrong!!?!!!:confused: i should not get into any aurgument on AO! i will loose

Bailey
01-17-2002, 09:25 PM
Rap music is hella gay......

Arman/XPM
01-17-2002, 10:11 PM
I am with Bailey - :)
Although, I can only stand Wu - tang clan - but I donot listen to them.
Army
Lol, you listen to Rap?

ThePatriot
01-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Rap isnt that bad, it isnt my choice of music, i wouldnt prefer it, but if its on the radio like on the bus, i can deal. They need a metal station, not all this pop punk poopy...blink 182, sum 41, etc...

Army
01-17-2002, 11:25 PM
Why is it so surprizing that I would listen to Rap? True, it would not be my first choice if in a line up with metal, classic or country. However, metal, classic, nor country make the 10"-ers bump out from behind the seats!

Yeah, I'm one of those guys you can hear bump bump bumping down the street!

pumpamatic
01-18-2002, 01:25 AM
I can stand some amounts of rap, but certain rappers I really can't stand. Like P diddy, or puff daddy, or puffy, or sean combs, whatever the hell he calls himself, he's a freaking moron with no skills either way. Eminem is another rapper I hate. He's so hypocritical. If he hates pop music so much why does he go to pop award ceremonies and gladly accept awards. In fact, I don't mean to be racist, but he needs to wake up. You're white and a rapper. Whenever I listen to him, I can't believe what he's saying. He doesn't live the thug life, he hasn't murdered anyone, hasn't seen anyone murdered, he's just some potheaded punk making up a bunch of stories to sell more albums. It makes me sick that people buy them too. I'm more of a metal fan myself anyways, I should calm down.

pito189
01-18-2002, 11:44 AM
H.O.V.A. is supposed to be like Jova. It has some religous reference. Something about he is the God of rap. Just because Eminem is white doesnt mean he cannot be a rapper. Bubba Sparxx is a big country white guy, can he not be a rapper either? I prefer rap to all the heavy metal head banging stuff. All they are doing is yelling, you can't even understand them.

wicked_mag
01-18-2002, 04:57 PM
RAP RULES

InfinatyBPS
01-18-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by pito189
I prefer rap to all the heavy metal head banging stuff. All they are doing is yelling, you can't even understand them.

Not true, there are some metal bands that you can indeed understand them. System of a Down, Metallica, Korn, Limp Bizkit(umm... errr... kinda metalish)and some other bands like that, well, u get the point, but there are some bands like Sepultura, Fear Factory and stuff, that scream and yell and growl their voice so you can't understand anything and I do not listen to those. I listen mostly to the ones I said above, I do like a little bit of rap, but after a while its get kinda annoying because its all the same thing, hey any rappers out there, here is a message for you,
WE KNOW AND DONT CARE ABOUT HOW MANY HO'S U GOT, HOW GHETTO YOU GREW UP, HOW MANY FIGHTS YOU GOT INTO, OR HOW MUCH WEED YOU SMOKE OR HOW JACKED YOUR LIFE IS, CAUSE YOUR LIFE ISNT JACKED ITS BETTER THAN MOST OF THE WORLDS LIFE U GOT LIKE 10 $100,000 CARS, AND A $10,000,000 HOUSE, ITS OVER GET OVER UR SUPOSED JACKED UP LIFE ALREADY!!!!!

All though not all rappers are like that, I like the whitish rap kinda, like bubba, M and Limp Bizkit. Cause they are different.

MagMan5446
01-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by pumpamatic
I can stand some amounts of rap, but certain rappers I really can't stand. Like P diddy, or puff daddy, or puffy, or sean combs, whatever the hell he calls himself, he's a freaking moron with no skills either way. Eminem is another rapper I hate. He's so hypocritical. If he hates pop music so much why does he go to pop award ceremonies and gladly accept awards. In fact, I don't mean to be racist, but he needs to wake up. You're white and a rapper. Whenever I listen to him, I can't believe what he's saying. He doesn't live the thug life, he hasn't murdered anyone, hasn't seen anyone murdered, he's just some potheaded punk making up a bunch of stories to sell more albums. It makes me sick that people buy them too. I'm more of a metal fan myself anyways, I should calm down.

I'm not black and I've seen people die. I don't live the life but I'm right next door.

How would you know what he's like? Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

If you wanna hear some good rap, go search for the "songs to download" thread and look at my monster list.