PDA

View Full Version : Finally, possibly the tightest setup ever

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Well i posted it up on PBL, so i'll post it here too to see what you guys think, and i'll just copy and paste pretty much:

Well finally my custom mounting socket for my q-loader came in today, and i promptly put it on my RT and i must say, my marker is currently the tightest setup i have seen so far. Now then, i don't normally play airball mainly because there's nowhere around here, and so if i play speedball the bunkers are rigid. Also, the way i play i'm not likely to fall into the trend i've been seeing of getting a long barrel and sticking it into the air bunker, it would be too time consuming and such. These things coupled together have led me to try to make the tightest setup that i could, and it's finally finished.

My current setup with the barrel and tank is 18 inches long, so i think this is one of if not the tightest bottom line constant air marker that holds over 100 rounds (counting the stacked tube). I really can't wait to play with this setup now.

Pics:
How i originally set it up:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/rebelsk8r700/DSCN0456.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/rebelsk8r700/DSCN0457.jpg

Then i realized it could go around the back comfortably, so i didn't waste my long PF plug that i ordered:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/rebelsk8r700/DSCN0458.jpg

And so you can get an idea for how it is to hold, the foregrip can be used without a problem:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/rebelsk8r700/DSCN0461.jpg

Oh, i almost forgot, it's got near 50-50 weight distribution, it's a tad front heavy but the foregrip offsets that when held with two hands.

drg
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Well, a gargantuan drop could make ANY gun this tight.

maniacmechanic
01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Well, a gargantuan drop could make ANY gun this tight.

yeah but there is no height to it either
now get a 45/45 carbon bottle & it'll be light too

Stayhuge
01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I like it. Looks like that is a sick front man's setup. Nice!!!

dixieoutfitter94
01-09-2008, 08:43 PM
its pretty cool

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
I like it. Looks like that is a sick front man's setup. Nice!!!
Yeah, i got it for the woodsball CTF games and cause i wanna play more speedball and i've always been up front.

And drg, he's right, the point was that there's no height, as well as it being short.

Jaan
01-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Get a hopper right powerfeed body and cut down the powerfeed and feed it from the bottom left. Still nice though.

Lohman446
01-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, i got it for the woodsball CTF games and cause i wanna play more speedball and i've always been up front.

And drg, he's right, the point was that there's no height, as well as it being short.

Kind of. Measure from the bottom of that tank to the top of the marker there is probably still as much height as a marker without a drop and a HALO on it... or close.

Now if you got one of those kick drops so the tank was angled upward (forcing the marker to be down with the tank resting on your shoulder) that would make it short.

snoopay700
01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Jaan: Would probably mess with my usual line of sight, don't know that i'll go that route.

Lohman: My point is that it's shorter on top, and it's slightly shorter overall, it's 2 and a half inches lower than a normal bottom line asa, and besides, none of that is sticking out on top, so you can still play tighter.

Ratt
01-10-2008, 12:11 AM
I agree with Lohman and Jaan. Get a hopper right body, and feed from the left. You also might want to experiment with the Qloader by turning it around. And adding a dropkick would make that setup REALLY tight. Just my .02

drg
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Now if you got one of those kick drops so the tank was angled upward (forcing the marker to be down with the tank resting on your shoulder) that would make it short.

But also quite a bit longer ...

This gun also has width where other guns do not, which can be a liability depending on the bunker configuration ...

snoopay700
01-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I agree with Lohman and Jaan. Get a hopper right body, and feed from the left. You also might want to experiment with the Qloader by turning it around. And adding a dropkick would make that setup REALLY tight. Just my .02
Did you not read my last post? It would mess with my sight, and wouldn't be good. Besides, i don't have money to just throw around.

And as for the width, it's the same as a warp feed, it's in front of your chest, so if it gets hit that means you would have gotten hit anyway.

drg
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Did you not read my last post? It would mess with my sight, and wouldn't be good. Besides, i don't have money to just throw around.

And as for the width, it's the same as a warp feed, it's in front of your chest, so if it gets hit that means you would have gotten hit anyway.

Uh, offhand shooting? Unless you shoot right out of every bunker ... :rolleyes:

hmudd13
01-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Yep, I kinda like it! :D
However, if you got a shorter tank, or a longer drop, you could knock 2 more pesky inches off there. :rolleyes:
And as for off hand shooting, you could just tip that sucker over "gangsta" style. :cool:
I think I'm getting ideas. Yessir, I'm gonna make me something just like that.
Thanks for the visual aid. :dance:

Tao
01-10-2008, 05:43 AM
It needs a warp body and a z grip to be the tightest setup ever :cheers:

Bad_Dog
01-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I approve!

now chop ff the upper half of that feedneck and be done with her! :headbang:

snoopay700
01-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Uh, offhand shooting? Unless you shoot right out of every bunker ... :rolleyes:
Or you turn your gun sideways, sort of like they suggest you can do with the warp.

drg
01-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Or you turn your gun sideways, sort of like they suggest you can do with the warp.

Trying to figure out how that works with your hand wedged in there like that ... or do you just grab the q-pod?

snoopay700
01-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Trying to figure out how that works with your hand wedged in there like that ... or do you just grab the q-pod?
My hand isn't wedged in there. I have the same freedom of movement as if the pod wasn't there.

I take it you don't like the concept of q-loaders because you keep trying to shoot holes in it.

drg
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
The idea is great in theory but in practice they have never impressed me, no. I honestly would go to a stick feed or stock feed before a Q-loader.

However if you like the setup, that's all that really matters. Congrats on achieving that!

teufelhunden
01-11-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, it's ugly and I think I'd probably throw it at a tree after I hit my first bunker.

But, uh, you'll like it until you try a well set up speedball gun? I suppose you can also be proud of achieving a goal, or something.

snoopay700
01-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Well, it's ugly and I think I'd probably throw it at a tree after I hit my first bunker.

But, uh, you'll like it until you try a well set up speedball gun? I suppose you can also be proud of achieving a goal, or something.
And what is a well set up speedball marker exactly? I think you're forgetting personal preference, some would like a gun with a halo and a long barrel, other would prefer a warp feed, other will prefer a pump (i've seen people do quite well in speedball with a pump), others will prefer a tighter gun like what i have, others will prefer a longer gun that you can press into bunkers. A well set up speedball gun is whatever you're comfortable playing with, not just what YOU like, not trying to argue, just pointing out that your preference isn't right for everyone. Also, i don't play that much speedball anyway, i want to play more, but it's not my main priority.

teufelhunden
01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
And what is a well set up speedball marker exactly? Probably one that you can shoot out of both sides of a bunker and tuck in just as well on both sides I think you're forgetting personal preference, ergonomics (on your wrist from that ridiculous drop) > preference, especially when you get used to not playing with the drop after 2 games some would like a gun with a halo and a long barrel, other would prefer a warp feed, other will prefer a pump (i've seen people do quite well in speedball with a pump), others will prefer a tighter gun like what i have it's only short, it's not tight... you still have all the things that need to be on a gun and they all go somewhere. I'd argue that in a bunker, you could play tighter with a normal halo + bottle on the back setup because that allows me to spin the gun a bit and tuck my elbow to have the hopper inside the bunker without having a huge profile popping out the other side... yours won't unless you hold it all sorts of weird, others will prefer a longer gun that you can press into bunkers. A well set up speedball gun is whatever you're comfortable playing with, not just what YOU like, not trying to argue, just pointing out that your preference isn't right for everyone. Also, i don't play that much speedball anyway, i want to play more, but it's not my main priority.

You put up your gun to say "hey, look at this!" and we did and it's not the be all to end all gun that you thought, sorry we don't all love it?

javasnot17
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Definitely not the tightest set-up ever. I'm pretty sure Loguzzzzzz's June MOTM wins in both tightness and tightness.

68magOwner
01-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Looks like that is a sick front man's setup.

No, it dosent. I mean, yeah, its real short, so, congrats on accomplishing that, but, it dosent look like a setup thats good for.....anything. I promise your not going to be able to run and gun accuratley with that. You will probably never be able to snap shoot well with that either. Honestly, you need to be able to stablize a marker to make it good for anything. and, with that setup, I would dare say you cant shoulder it without it stabbing you in the eye.

snoopay700
01-11-2008, 03:50 PM
You put up your gun to say "hey, look at this!" and we did and it's not the be all to end all gun that you thought, sorry we don't all love it?
I don't expect it to be, and i don't expect you to think that it's the best setup ever, i put it up because i figured some people would like it like i do, and others that don't care for it won't care about it, but it seems that here if people don't care about something they must voice their preference as fact.

And 68magowner, i've played with this gun, but i had a revy instead, i just got the q-loader. I have no problems with this gun such running or having it be accurate, it's as accurate as any other marker and it's very easy to run with (main reason i put the drop on was to balance it out to make it easier to hold). Also, i can shoulder it very effectively, i have no problems with stabilizing it. It works as effectively as any other marker, it's just shorter and has a lower profile, which i like. I like the q-loader so far but i've yet to play with it, i think that i'll like it, but there's always the chance that i won't, i don't know so we'll see, i may switch to a halo yet.

It looks like mine and Loguz's are about the same length, although i like his a lot better, but i don't really have the money for a z-grip so this will suffice, if i had a z-grip it would be on there though.

drg
01-11-2008, 06:23 PM
No, it dosent. I mean, yeah, its real short, so, congrats on accomplishing that, but, it dosent look like a setup thats good for.....anything. I promise your not going to be able to run and gun accuratley with that. You will probably never be able to snap shoot well with that either. Honestly, you need to be able to stablize a marker to make it good for anything. and, with that setup, I would dare say you cant shoulder it without it stabbing you in the eye.

Well, if you hold the marker beside your face/mask rather than in front of it, a setup like this is fine.

:rofl:

snoopay700
01-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, if you hold the marker beside your face/mask rather than in front of it, a setup like this is fine.

:rofl:
Well it's actually fine like that, but i think i might switch to a smaller drop, a drop this big really needs a y or z grip to be comfortable the more i hold it, like it's bearable but after a while it's somewhat uncomfy.

cerrik
01-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Holy crap ya'll. Lets butcher this guy for his setup why don't we?

Congrats on a setup you like, specially since your the one who will be playing with it. I myself have baffled around with my mag set up more times than I can count. Own both a Z and a Y grip, trying to get my rig comfy and tight. I've just about done it, twice. (once with an airsoft frame, and again with my Z-grip; which has led to 2 mags. :D ) Try it out for a few games before you take it all apart to have another go, unless you love it and keep it that way. :cheers:

gam-e
01-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Don't get bothered with garbage. You like it right? Posted a picture right? Congradulations you just gave a guest on this site an idea of a setup and now they can go sell their tippmann to make it happen.

For real, I thought it was neat. I remember this place being a flame forum a while back, but I thought that got sorted years ago.

snoopay700
01-12-2008, 01:57 AM
Holy crap ya'll. Lets butcher this guy for his setup why don't we?

Congrats on a setup you like, specially since your the one who will be playing with it. I myself have baffled around with my mag set up more times than I can count. Own both a Z and a Y grip, trying to get my rig comfy and tight. I've just about done it, twice. (once with an airsoft frame, and again with my Z-grip; which has led to 2 mags. :D ) Try it out for a few games before you take it all apart to have another go, unless you love it and keep it that way. :cheers:
Yeah, that's pretty much what i thought, but hey, some people are stupid.

I dunno, i'll have to actually play with it cause i've never had a problem with the drop before, but i may end up getting a smaller drop and a y-grip eventually, i dunno. I'll just have to play with it (which i'm thrilled about, i really can't wait, and i'm going to have to wait till feb 16) and then decide if i will make changes. I might not like the q-loader, i might love it, only time will tell. However, if i make this into a pnuemag that whole strain on the wrist thing will me much less of a problem...