PDA

View Full Version : New Xvalve

swillia316
01-10-2008, 06:23 AM
I received a new xvalve yesterday for my classic body mag and cant seam to get the valve to go in all the way? I am fairly new to automags so I may be doing something stupid but doesnt look good to the wife when you spent a fair amount of cash on a part and it does not fit, yet! Thanks

TwilightG
01-10-2008, 07:20 AM
First, how is it not fitting correctly? There is normally a very small gap between the body and the valve. The two don't really touch.

2nd, take a look at the on/off assembly. When installed, is it not sitting in flush with the valve? Or does it stick out a millimeter or so?
Is it ULT or standard on/off? If ULT, it might have too many shims in there. If it's the standard, I had a problem a couple of months ago where my on/off wouldn't fit correctly. It turned out that the two o-rings at the top of the on/off assembly were not fitting inside each other. I replaced both of the o-rings and worked like a charm.
Make sure to oil up the on/off too.

... but again, it all comes down to my first question. :)

swillia316
01-10-2008, 07:41 AM
First, how is it not fitting correctly? There is normally a very small gap between the body and the valve. The two don't really touch.

2nd, take a look at the on/off assembly. When installed, is it not sitting in flush with the valve? Or does it stick out a millimeter or so?
Is it ULT or standard on/off? If ULT, it might have too many shims in there. If it's the standard, I had a problem a couple of months ago where my on/off wouldn't fit correctly. It turned out that the two o-rings at the top of the on/off assembly were not fitting inside each other. I replaced both of the o-rings and worked like a charm.
Make sure to oil up the on/off too.

... but again, it all comes down to my first question. :)

It does not slide into the body far enough. If I remove the front of the bolt it sits pretty close to the body but with the bolt present it is like a 1/8 - 1/4 inch off.

georgeyew
01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Can you set the classic valve and the X valve side by side and see if the dimensions are the same on both?

swillia316
01-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Can you set the classic valve and the X valve side by side and see if the dimensions are the same on both?

Not anymore I traded it in to AGD. It seems to me the bolt is to big for the inside the body. I tried without the spring too.

DevilMan
01-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Check the little metal bushing down where the rear thumb screw comes through. Sometimes in assembly/disassembly they get pushed up a bit.... make sure it's pushed down out of the way and/or just take it out for the test.

DM