PDA

View Full Version : Resale Value

Xyxyll
01-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I haven't really followed resale values in years, so I am a little out of date when it comes to selling old gear. Over the years I've collected enough emags to outfit a team, and seeing as I only play once a year, I really shouldn't be holding on to these.

Before I took a break from paintball, the Emags had been discontinued a while and buyer interest seemed rather shot as a result of the innovations in aftermarket electronic frames and pneumatic mechanical frames. Just peering around now though, prices seem to have settled.

My interest in starting this thread is in one sense to get feedback on how the market is doing and secondly to try and get my gear appraised.

http://www.x-customs.com/images/emags.JPG

As you can see from the image above, I have three emags, some spare parts, and several barrels.

The barrels are as follows (top to bottom):
2x 14" Dye Xcel barrels
12" Dye Xcel barrel
Unknown Stainless Steel barrel
AGD Crownpoint barrel
Armson Stealth barrel
12" Smart Parts Freak barrel with one insert
Smart Parts Freak rear piece

The emags are pretty much as you see them. Of the two original-bodied emags, one has LVL 10 and the other does not. The Karta Emax has the ULE rail and frame. Each could probably use a flash upgrade. I have two chargers, two car-charging power cords, and one wall-charging power cord.

I suspect I will keep my Karta as it has been such a great companion, but I am interested to hear what it is worth.

Thanks!

jenarelJAM
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I'd say you could probably get between $400-550 tops on the two non-karta emags, depending on overall appearance and such. Also depending on the buyer and how long you're willing to wait. The Karta emag though... That's nice... If I had to hazard a guess... 700?

I'm a little rusty on Current Market Value now though...

wetwrks
01-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Ok, I am going to itemize this so that you can see my line of thought.

I'll start with the 3 emag lowers including rail and sear. I would see them at $300 to $350 each. Total of $900 to $1050.

I will put the valves at $125 to $150 each. Total of $375 to $450.

PF bodies at $20 to $30 each. Total of $60 to $90.

Spare Rail $40.

Sight Rails $15 each. Total of $30.

Barrels. This is where I cannot answer as accurately. The 2 freak backs are around $50 each and I would put the others at $15 each. For a total of $190 give or take.

As a package this comes to $1595 to $1850. Maby more if you were to find the right buyer who is looking to buy such a package.

Now, that doesn't include the Karta. I have new one coming myself :clap: and my costs ran aprox $400. I see them listed in that ballpark too around here, but now that DW has raised the price to mill them I could see the resale going up. Maby could get $550 for it in a few months. A few years maby even more.

Hope this helps and now I leave myself open to the typical onslaught of replies about what an iddiot I am for not pricing this or that higher or lower.

Just my oppinion. :D

jenarelJAM
01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
The emag lowers price you gave seems a little high. ULE lowers, with charger, could go for a bit over $300, but non-ule probably won't go over $300. Then when you're subtracting shipping costs, etc. it gets hard to keep the profit margin over $300, even for the ULE's.

Smoothice
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
pm'ed

Scott Hudnall
01-12-2008, 02:22 PM
I think you should give me that karta bodied emag with the Emax valve, and I'll provide you with sales and marketing info.... :rolleyes:

Scott :cheers: