PDA

View Full Version : trying to remember a movie from the 90's

bentothejam1n
01-12-2008, 01:23 AM
i to thinking about old movies today and i couldn't remember the name of this one movie. It involved a girl/guy (dont remember) teenager. Some how the teenager time travels when they walk across a road at night. The person didnt mean to time travel. They also promised to shoot some old fireworks of the roof with a little brother or dad before he/she accidentally time travels. i believe it came out in the early 90s/late 80s. I think it might have had a sequel too.

Miscue
01-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Flight of the Navigator ?

teufelhunden
01-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Cool Runnings?

Duzzy
01-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Cool Runnings?

Wasn't that about a Jamaican bobsled team?

TwilightG
01-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Flight of the Navigator ?

+1

That came out in the 80's... great movie!!

The kid flew around some sort of spaceship and rocked out to the Beach Boys while "navigating" it.

If I remember correctly... he originally returns home but it's years later in the future. I don't remember the walking across the street bit, but I do remember the fireworks off the roof scene. He's gone for months but at the end of the movie he's still home in time for the fireworks.

The ending leaves you wondering if it was all just a dream, until his little alien friend pops out of his pocket.

I can't believe I even remember this stuff :tard: I'm still trying to remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday.

MoeMag
01-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Flight of the navigator...

He crossed some railroad tracks, and then ended up in a forest where he fell into a ravine. He somehow got out, went back over the tracks and back to his house years later, when different people lived there. The government picks him up, and his brainwaves makes a picture of a UFO, because the alien downloaded all its starcharts into his brain. Well since the UFO apparently lost him, the UFO got lost and was captured by the government. So they take him to the place with the UFO, learns about 15 different kinds of coca cola and escapes in the self aware UFO. After flying around the world a few times and a failed attempt to get back to his parents, he eventually travels back in time and ends like TwilightG said.

BTW…

Now its a roadside attraction...
http://lh5.google.com/renegade126/RtblTTkR2TI/AAAAAAAAAW0/rHD09-ZkEWE/IMG_7966.JPG?imgmax=512

rawbutter
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah... Flight of the Navigator (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210238). Awesome movie, by the way. Great plot... good characters. Amazing graphics (for the time, anyway).

Flight of the navigator...
Now its a roadside attraction...
http://lh5.google.com/renegade126/RtblTTkR2TI/AAAAAAAAAW0/rHD09-ZkEWE/IMG_7966.JPG?imgmax=512

Wow... that brings back memories. I think I'm going to be hitting the video store tonight!

bentothejam1n
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
ah thanks a lot. that picture really brought the movie back to me

WUNDERWAFFEN
01-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Compliance!

Where is that thing at? The craft looks like it needs to be rescued again.