PDA

View Full Version : AGD out of business????

realionaire
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I called a paintball store to see what upgrades they have in stock for my minimag and they said airgun designs went out of business 4 years ago. Hmmm I just ordered from the AGD website and got my parts. has anyone heard they went out of business?

splat15k
01-12-2008, 08:41 PM
This is completely false. They are still alive and kicking...that's why your order was processed.

realionaire
01-12-2008, 08:46 PM
I figured. that guy sucks. his company doesn't sell AGD guns and he was trying to sell me another gun.

MANN
01-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I figured. that guy sucks. his company doesn't sell AGD guns and he was trying to sell me another gun.

post the stores info, and we will call and correct him. :cheers:

BigTrucker
01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
When i came back to paintball last spring i was told the same thing by one of the oldest paintball stores in the Sacramento Area. They tried to sell me an Ion. At the time I didnt know any thing about it, I just didnt like the way it looked or felt. (Cheep) So i past on it. Now that i found out diffrent i dont buy anything from them unless i have too. Now that sacramento has more then two stores and Al Gores Internet; i dont need them. O yes, The other Store is PPS (Palmers Pursuit Shop) :cheers:

realionaire
01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
paintball online was the one that told me this originally. He acted like My minimag wasn't even worthy of upgrading! BS!!! I couldn't be happier with my AGD marker.

Twistedpsyche
01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Get used to it. I got something similar when I first got my Tac one this summer. I went to my local store looking for a feedneck and the guys words were "a mag? I thought you liked playing paintball".

I love my Tac. I wouldn't trade it for any other gun out there.

Smoothice
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I was told the same thing by all 3 of my local stores when I came looking for oring kits.

To them AGD is dead.

And they don't get my business unless it is absolutely unavoidable.

Army
01-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Since 1997, despite introducing an electro, the Warp Feed, the RT-Pro, the Level 10 anti-chop bolt, Automags Online, hosting the wildly successful Shatnerballs and many great AO Days, and developing Police and military applications of paintball technology .......

AGD has apparantly been out of business for at least 10 years. ( /sarcasm-off)

In Sac, if you need paintball gear, go to Palmers. Glenn knows 'Mags better than he should, but won't let on about it :)

AirAssault
01-13-2008, 02:57 AM
I called a paintball store to see what upgrades they have in stock for my minimag and they said airgun designs went out of business 4 years ago. Hmmm I just ordered from the AGD website and got my parts. has anyone heard they went out of business?

FFS people will you please stop making these freakin posts. There is a search button, use it. :mad:

That being said.... any one that thinks mags are dead are more than welcom to be on the receiving end of my devilmag.

phizz
01-13-2008, 05:25 AM
[QUOTE=AirAssault]FFS people will you please stop making these freakin posts. There is a search button, use it. :mad:QUOTE]

Wow such anger... businesses can go out of business anyday a post from 2 years ago, or 2 days ago won't change that. If you don't like the post don't read it.

Just my two cents worth.

By the way Long live AGD! :headbang:

AirAssault
01-13-2008, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=AirAssault]FFS people will you please stop making these freakin posts. There is a search button, use it. :mad:QUOTE]

Wow such anger... businesses can go out of business anyday a post from 2 years ago, or 2 days ago won't change that. If you don't like the post don't read it.

Just my two cents worth.

By the way Long live AGD! :headbang:

Well, yeah it gets really old. Do a search on this topic and see how many hit you get. Plus, it is America and if I want to read it and get angry its my right. Just as it's your right to comment on what I say. Great thing isn't it.

Oh wait, never mind I see you're from Canada, just goes to show no ones perfect.

secretweaponevan
01-13-2008, 08:28 AM
This thread needs more fiber. :rofl:

russc
01-13-2008, 11:21 AM
FFS people will you please stop making these freakin posts. There is a search button, use it. :mad:

And what would your reaction have been if he had searched back and necro posted instead? Posts aren't exactly falling off the front page here, so why does it bug you so much?

Jaan
01-13-2008, 12:11 PM
That being said.... any one that thinks mags are dead are more than welcom to be on the receiving end of my devilmag.You speak as if it's easy to just walk into a paintball store and buy a Devilmag right off the shelf...or even to get one within a couple of years.

AGD has become, for one reason or another, a small boutique dealer. I love 'Mags just as much as anyone else but I'm also rational. It's becoming a pain to own a 'Mag, even just to get small parts.

ProblemKinder
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
AGD isn't out of business, they just aren't as far in the business as they used to be =]

i'm very fortunate that my local shop owner shoots a mag, and is very knowledgeable when it comes to mags and even carries mag parts in stock. doesn't sell alot of them, but he still keeps them in the store. even has two mags for sale. two really old ones. i even bought a minimag off of him.

i wish all maggers were as fortunate as me. then we wouldn't have posts like this.

on the other hand, i'm kind of jealous that i never get the "AGD is dead" or "mags are worthless" speeches cuz i would like to give those people a piece of my mind :D

i'm just never satisfied

B-Pow
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
AGD isn't out of business, they just aren't as far in the business as they used to be =]

i'm very fortunate that my local shop owner shoots a mag, and is very knowledgeable when it comes to mags and even carries mag parts in stock. doesn't sell alot of them, but he still keeps them in the store. even has two mags for sale. two really old ones. i even bought a minimag off of him.

i wish all maggers were as fortunate as me. then we wouldn't have posts like this.

on the other hand, i'm kind of jealous that i never get the "AGD is dead" or "mags are worthless" speeches cuz i would like to give those people a piece of my mind :D

i'm just never satisfied

One of the local fields that I really like (Fox Paintball in Illinois) rents 68classics and they have mag parts in store, however they do not have mags on their wall. They do however have a 1 of 20 avalanche (I think) sl74....shows how times change and you have to sell what the players think they want.

ProblemKinder
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
yah the two mags my store has on the wall have been there forever. nobody is ever going to buy them. which is good cuz i'll probably end up buying them someday.

he got a minimag in the mail one day, not sure who he got it from. it was almost perfect condition i got it for 200 bucks. this seems like a good time to ask, was that a good deal? he almost sold it to me for 150 but he wanted to keep it for himself so i got it out of him for 200.

luke
01-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I think we new forum here for the "AGD out of business" threads. It might be fun. :)

SN toter
01-14-2008, 02:46 PM
It's becoming a pain to own a 'Mag, even just to get small parts.

eh? I've never had a hard time finding any small parts, and I build at least a mag a month. If I can't find it used on the cheap here, the AGD store literally has every part in stock for order. It's a one stop mag shop. I don't see how it's a pain at all.

punkncat
01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
eh? I've never had a hard time finding any small parts, and I build at least a mag a month. If I can't find it used on the cheap here, the AGD store literally has every part in stock for order. It's a one stop mag shop. I don't see how it's a pain at all.

You don't live where he does either.....waiting for customs stinks.

Silverback
01-14-2008, 03:45 PM
You speak as if it's easy to just walk into a paintball store and buy a Devilmag right off the shelf...or even to get one within a couple of years.

AGD has become, for one reason or another, a small boutique dealer. I love 'Mags just as much as anyone else but I'm also rational. It's becoming a pain to own a 'Mag, even just to get small parts.

What part of MASS. do you live in? I leave in Hartford, CT. and have lived in western Mass. and know plenty of places to get parts for Mags. PM me for some info.

SN toter
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
You don't live where he does either.....waiting for customs stinks.

His profile said MA so I assumed he was in the states. My bad if not.

punkncat
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
His profile said MA so I assumed he was in the states. My bad if not.

Sorry, my bad, I was thinking of Fixel.....I am :tard:

Jaan
01-14-2008, 05:06 PM
The last time I tried getting parts from the one big dealer here I couldn't get him to return my e-mails. Local stores don't have much, which means I have to order $10 worth of parts from AGD directly if I want them, which is going to cost me full price, and pay 80% more in shipping. The sources for parts are dwindling fast.

AGD just isn't that big anymore. i wish it was, I really do. I wish I could go into my local shop and get everything I need. I wish a lot of people still shot 'Mags. I wish people wound go from a Tippmann for woodsball to a 'Mag as an upgrade.

That just isn't the reality anymore. I can go into my local store and get pretty much anything for a Tippmann, including warranty service. An Automag is just not a practical alternative these days for most people.

ProblemKinder
01-15-2008, 12:01 AM
The last time I tried getting parts from the one big dealer here I couldn't get him to return my e-mails. Local stores don't have much, which means I have to order $10 worth of parts from AGD directly if I want them, which is going to cost me full price, and pay 80% more in shipping. The sources for parts are dwindling fast.

AGD just isn't that big anymore. i wish it was, I really do. I wish I could go into my local shop and get everything I need. I wish a lot of people still shot 'Mags. I wish people wound go from a Tippmann for woodsball to a 'Mag as an upgrade.

That just isn't the reality anymore. I can go into my local store and get pretty much anything for a Tippmann, including warranty service. An Automag is just not a practical alternative these days for most people.

in the words of one of the greatest metal bands of all time, "sad, but true" :(

AirAssault
01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
And what would your reaction have been if he had searched back and necro posted instead? Posts aren't exactly falling off the front page here, so why does it bug you so much?

Yeah the point of doing the search is so he could see that this topic has been brought up a billion other times and there was no need to do it again. So his un-informed post would never of been done, and another "AGD is dead" thread would not of been started.

Im with Luke, lets have an AGD is Dead forum so all the morons that want to make such posts can do so. :headbang:

Caboose
01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
My shop still stocks repair kits and can order and AGD product currently produced =]

Bear_Claw
01-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Eh the local shop out here still has some parts for mags and even some up-grades (lvl ten bolt). I just went in a few days ago and had them order a quick strip bolt to complete my spare parts classic mag. No probs all they asked was what i needed and they will call me when its in.

I have ordered directly from AGD twice but have been SCREWED TWICE by the shipping companies (AGD was great to deal with though). Problem here is shipping across the boarder and you end up getting reamed and UPS in specific are ^%&$#&% to deal with. So its just easier for me to have the shop bring it in and i'll pay the bit of markup on it.

nathanjones008
01-16-2008, 12:19 PM
As a paintball outsider and a customer.I am sure most disagree with me. This is what i see. I have invested(not like the stock market) great amounts of money in this company for over 7 years. When i buy agd, i am sayng thank you! I love your product , i am looking forward for futhure innovation of products. But this has not happened in 3-4 years. Since tom is gone(retired has every right to be) who will take the reins. The company is not on zupes to-do list. I think there is only 2-3 employees left of the company. I think the company needs a outsider. Some with enthusiasm rather than desparation. I rather see the company go down in glory, rather than do nothing.

As for the company, it is on life support and a use of a blood transfusion. I hope things will change. :(

FiXeL
01-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Sorry, my bad, I was thinking of Fixel.....I am :tard:

Fortunatly for me there is a paintball store in the netherlands that keeps mags live and kicking. Their prices are a bit steep, but they keep some inventory, and what i can't order from them (they order directly from AGD) i can get from the dealers here. :)

Dutchcamo
04-27-2012, 08:13 AM
AGD is currently in a state of classic, frame off restoration. It takes time, money, and a lot of motivation to rebuild something as great as AGD once was. For now, Dave has parts and markers for sale but distribution is limited. Keep shooting classic.

bound for glory
04-28-2012, 05:10 PM

well, if you are so "put out" by the "pain" of owning/shooting a mag, go buy that tippy and p*ss off... :tard:

captian pinky
04-28-2012, 06:35 PM
my local store( paintball charleston) must be the best shop because they have brand new mags on the wall regularly. brand new bodies, rails, valves,intellis, probably more than i can list. 1 of the 2 owners has been shooting the same rt mag for probably the past decade and Geoff Call one of the workers is a certified AGD tech. so i can't say i feel everyones pain about having to order this and that.

that being said i think that people who really want quality markers and play rec ball often will probably end up with a mag after going threw lots of guns they say they like until it breaks. i think the only thing agd didnt do well is reach the masses. i know plenty of people that will grab a tippmann because its reliable and blah blah blah, but if they did a stress test where someone dropped a mag off a cliff went and found it aired it up and shot dead nuts accurate people. it would have been decided.clearly mags are better than any other markers and if you find it difficult to find parts for your marker and dont want to deal with it. i hope you enjoy any other marker as much as i have enjoyed my mags.btw i think im up to 7.

Ando
04-28-2012, 06:42 PM
well, if you are so "put out" by the "pain" of owning/shooting a mag, go buy that tippy and p*ss off... :tard:
Why are you yelling at someone that posted some **** like 4 yrs ago :rofl: :rofl:

Konigballer
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Dutchcamo is a newb, but you other two guys should've known better!

I thought this title sounded like a thread from years ago. :p

zondo
04-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Newb? he's been lurking since 2009 and only had one post! :spit_take

bound for glory
04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Why are you yelling at someone that posted some **** like 4 yrs ago :rofl: :rofl:
did'nt see the date... :spit_take :confused:

Jaan
04-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Thank you for that thoughtful and well crafted response. You have just now completely changed the entire paintball marketplace back to 1996. Kudos. Your maturity level is breathtaking. I am truly humbled.

steve_81
04-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Thank you for that thoughtful and well crafted response. You have just now completely changed the entire paintball marketplace back to 1996. Kudos. Your maturity level is breathtaking. I am truly humbled.

It needs to go back to 1996. Paintball these days with all of these kids, HK Army, AGG, etc is stupid as hell.

reckid1986
04-29-2012, 10:50 AM
It needs to go back to 1996. Paintball these days with all of these kids, HK Army, AGG, etc is stupid as hell.

agree^^^

skife
04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
agree^^^

the glory days of paintball.

captian pinky
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
i was 6 haha can we fast forward to 2k haha

GEE TEE
04-30-2012, 06:41 AM
i was 6 haha can we fast forward to 2k haha

Sounds like I have tee shirts older than you

steve_81
04-30-2012, 08:23 AM

lol Paintball back then was way better then today. So much better attitudes and it didn't matter what marker you shot, you just went out there and played.

captian pinky
04-30-2012, 09:03 AM

bet im in better condition and look better though haha

Justus
04-30-2012, 10:05 AM
lol Paintball back then was way better then today. So much better attitudes and it didn't matter what marker you shot, you just went out there and played.

I haven't experienced all the negativity personally. Of course, I play at a friend's outlaw field or the field my .org built with like-minded people, so that's probably why. I am going to D-Day OK this year though, but I hope I can come away without a bad taste in my mouth. I think it will be okay. I mostly read about the negativity from people who play rec ball at pay fields in larger metro areas.

RT Lover
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
they answered when i called

GEE TEE
05-24-2012, 05:57 PM
bet im in better condition and look better though haha

The team sponsorship with Sanatogen helps :bounce:

promethion
05-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Does Tom still have a shop for producing mag parts..

Just need to know if i Should start buying spare parts from now untill i die..

peewee
05-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Last I heard wasnt Dave running things?

promethion
05-28-2012, 01:13 AM
Does dave ever frequent the boards

RT Lover
05-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I dont think so, but they would be in better standings if they had produced what all the custom stuff guys here make. I just saying had the listened they could have some extra cash, also more sponsorships, advertising, and for the love of god UPDATE the forum!!!

promethion
06-16-2012, 04:56 AM
UPDATE THE FORUM... THEY NEED TO FIX THE WEBSITE... The whole store is seams broke....
:cuss:
and yes I just bumped a old Thread... But with a quick Idea

If half the the good idea fairies (gave, traded, bartered, sold, partnered) with AGD we would have a huge selection sweet parts..

But I cant even buy a new rail from manufacturers website.

Which In no way shape or form stop me from building my new son his when he is old enough.. 2 weeks and can't keep his eyes open for more than an hour..

Soon i am thinking starting him with a. mech, or a electro, or a pnem... :clap:

Frizzle Fry
06-16-2012, 05:10 AM
UPDATE THE FORUM... THEY NEED TO FIX THE WEBSITE... The whole store is seams broke....

Dave is fixing it... It wasn't broken 2 months ago, just old. Now it's new, and broken. I miss old :(

RST
06-16-2012, 07:29 AM
It's my fault :cool:
Got my order from Dave last week. :bounce:

steve_81
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
They did update the Online store Which is cool.

Drix
06-22-2012, 11:01 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnVZpALOfthTaEu70cHNAceed7n1PM8 KaWPYNmrNr9i9Jp8z8H5JpCx2Zhzg

promethion
06-30-2012, 12:38 AM
1.. 2.. Clear... IT still lives.. I am really close to offering assistance in getting the web site overhauled. I want my working drool page working again...