PDA

View Full Version : Who changed the Intelliframes blade trigger design?

luke
01-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I noticed some time back that the market is being flooded with blade triggers that do not match AGDs original trigger profile. They are similar but they are not exact. I didn't know that anyone was making non AGD spec blade triggers. Did AGD make a change somewhere along the road for some reason or are these being passed off as originals?

splat15k
01-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmmm, this is interesting! Do you have any pictures or can you be more specific as to the differing dimensions?

behemoth
01-13-2008, 01:09 PM
they changed the milling on the i-frame so its "easier and less complicated to mill.?

It wouldnt surprise me if they changed the trigger for the same reasons.

RogueFactor
01-13-2008, 01:12 PM
I noticed some time back that the market is being flooded with blade triggers that do not match AGDs original trigger profile. They are similar but they are not exact. I didn't know that anyone was making non AGD spec blade triggers. Did AGD make a change somewhere along the road for some reason or are these being passed off as originals?
It would depend on the trigger. AGD makes 2 blade triggers, 1 for the Intelliframe & one for the Y-Grip. While they are similar, they are not identical, but can be swapped between the frames. The Z-Grip trigger, while not a blade trigger, is also 'to AGD spec', even though its not a blade trigger and cannot fit either the Intelliframe or Y-Grip frames. Youll find though that all these triggers are within the same specs for the specs that are important.

According to Tom, there are certain specs that must be adhered to to be to AGD spec, and others that dont. For example, the angle of a trigger frame can be changed and still be 'within AGD spec'. Not really a suprise considering the multiple variations of trigger frames made by AGD.

luke
01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Turns out my Intelliframe and Y-grip are the same. I suppose that could have been from AGD, it would be an easy mistake to make..