PDA

View Full Version : Automag vs Minimag

szuba
01-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi,
Just wondering what you guys think. I have the opportunity to buy either a Automag or a Minimag (classic valve 4 stars). Both markers have powerfeed bodies.

What do you guys think I should get... the Automag or the Minimag (or both lol)?

- Thomas

pmstc
01-13-2008, 11:46 AM
The only difference between the two is the body. Just pick whichever one you think looks best. are the prices the same? do they come with the same accessories? They work the exact same way, the minimag just has the shroud.. so i guess it weighs a little bit more too

Jaan
01-13-2008, 11:57 AM
There's no functional difference. Back in the day the differences between the guns were cosmetic (the shroud and the name on the valve), the Minmag came with a quick disconnect for the valve, and a vertical ASA...the 68Automags came with a back bottle adaptor and you had to drill out and but a vertical ASA if you wanted it. The price difference was significant back then, or I would have bought a MiniMag instead of buying a quick disconnect and vertical ASA to put on my new 68Automag

If the price is the same I'd go for the MinMag, the resale tends to be a little better and they just look nicer I think.

ProblemKinder
01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
the shroud looks sweet.

foefumm
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I also agree with the above replies. The Minimag is slightly heavier because of the longer mainbody, but looks better(just my opinion). And if you are running C02 you will be ready to play(if you don't mind using a vertical tank) without having to buy a separate vertical adapter or an anti-siphon tank, which you would need for a barebones Automag.
Either way you can't go wrong with one or the other. I got my 2 Minimags in 94-95 and they still shoot like new. If $$ is not an issue for you, get both :)