PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe Prob.

babyface
01-13-2008, 01:43 PM
i have a hyper for a spyder. it used to turn on and work fine. for some reason it no longer turns on even with a fresh battery. does anyone know what i can do? i checked the thread abbout the hyper FAQ, but couldnt resolve the prob. any help will be great thanks

p8ntbal4me
01-13-2008, 02:42 PM
i have a hyper for a spyder. it used to turn on and work fine. for some reason it no longer turns on even with a fresh battery. does anyone know what i can do? i checked the thread abbout the hyper FAQ, but couldnt resolve the prob. any help will be great thanks

Check the plugs on the board connections:
Battery Plug
Solenoid Plug
Solder connection for the capacitor

May just be that the board is toast or a part of the board is toast and it needs to be replaced.

I know you dont want to hear that, I certainly wouldnt. But in the cost to repair/replace the board and inner workings, its WAY cheaper to redo the insides.

Look around some more on here and see if you can dig up anything. If not, you know I made a guide for replacing the hyperframes inner workings, so you may end up doing that.

~ P8nt

babyface
01-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Check the plugs on the board connections:
Battery Plug
Solenoid Plug
Solder connection for the capacitor

May just be that the board is toast or a part of the board is toast and it needs to be replaced.

I know you dont want to hear that, I certainly wouldnt. But in the cost to repair/replace the board and inner workings, its WAY cheaper to redo the insides.

Look around some more on here and see if you can dig up anything. If not, you know I made a guide for replacing the hyperframes inner workings, so you may end up doing that.

~ P8nt

thanks for the info once again. the guide your talking about is that the thread for hyperframe FAQ? or i may just do the ape mod to it, but will it work on a spyder...hmmmm
i may just call centerflag and do the upgrade. ill see what happens if the fix doesnt work.

thanks p8nt

p8ntbal4me
01-13-2008, 04:06 PM
thanks for the info once again. the guide your talking about is that the thread for hyperframe FAQ? or i may just do the ape mod to it, but will it work on a spyder...hmmmm
i may just call centerflag and do the upgrade. ill see what happens if the fix doesnt work.

thanks p8nt

Give me the numbers off the solenoid and I will tell you if the APE install will work

~ P8nt

Smoothice
01-13-2008, 04:32 PM
do you have a link to your hyperframe mod?

I should be receiving my hyperframe tomorrow. I'm not even sure if it works.

p8ntbal4me
01-13-2008, 04:38 PM
do you have a link to your hyperframe mod?

I should be receiving my hyperframe tomorrow. I'm not even sure if it works.

Here ya go! (http://www.pblegion.com/showthread.php?t=1110)

~ P8nt