PDA

View Full Version : Basic Mag suggestion for AGD

booyah
01-15-2002, 11:53 AM
want an easy way to sell more classic mags? an easy way that shouldnt cost much? almost no development, minor retooling, and very little added raw materials cost?

say it aint so!!!

how bout reworking the classic carbon fiber frame to take... tadah!!! a double trigger!!!!

thank you thank you thank you

but really folks, the mag benifits so much from a double trigger that its a little crazy not to include one... a simple retooling for the frame to make the guard larger, a simple retooling for the trigger, and you have it. Increased rate of fire, nicer comfort (since all piranhas and spyders now adays have em, so someone upgrading from that is already used to one) and it'll get ya all the ladies, cause lets face it, double triggers just look "more acceptable" in paintball these days....

I know it may be the last thing on a long list, but Tom you just said the expensive guns arent selling as much, this is an easy way to make your base gun MUCH more popular amonst the guys trying to move up from a piranha or m98...

just my $0.02

-Booyah

AGD
01-15-2002, 12:15 PM
We have absoulutely looked at that. You know what, it would have been easy if we didn't put that stinking hold in the bottom of the trigger guard so you can get the allen wrench in. Because of that we have to go with a whole new mold. It's on the list. We figured machined frame first.

AGD

hitech
01-15-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by AGD
...if we didn't put that stinking hold in the bottom of the trigger guard so you can get the allen wrench in. Because of that we have to go with a whole new mold.

I don't get it. Why does that make any difference? Couldn't you just leave the hole in the bottom of the double trigger gaurd even though you don't need it?

manike
01-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Hitech probably because of the mould tooling required to make that hole. I'm betting there is a sliding insert in the mould tool to allow for that hole.

If it wasn't there you could easily just change the tool with some machining or a new block inserted into the original mould tool. But because the mould tool was made for a sliding core it isn't now possible to modify that area... If that makes sense to anyone :)

manike

hitech
01-15-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by manike
... If that makes sense to anyone :)

Not really (I don't know ANYTHING about that type of manafacturing), but I do get the general idea. Thanks.

booyah
01-15-2002, 01:34 PM
I hope it comes out soon, the one thing I hate is when I suggest to someone to buy a mag, and if you want to shoot it fast, spend 115 bucks on an inteliframe or chop the trigger guard off your brand new gun and install a double trigger...

just doesnt sound good....

:)

thanks for the info though, thats one thing that I think would appeal to the general mag buying public pretty quickly...

(Edit: I know you can still shoot a single trigger mag quickly, but it makes it easier when its a double... at least for me)

-Booyah

gimp
01-15-2002, 01:38 PM
Makes sense to me manike. I'd say just put the intelliframe on the classics and bump the price up, or have it as an option.

virus
01-15-2002, 01:47 PM
but you guyz are forgeting about people like me....

personally i hate using a 2x trigger... i have tried them on different markers and they just dont feel right.... the only excpetiion to this is my zgrip.... holdin my arm/wrist in that postion it works for me, but on a .45/m-16/lonestar frames i dont see the point of it its just not natural to me.....

Ityl
01-15-2002, 02:19 PM
virus, are you one of those left handed people? j/k, I'd say 99% of the people like double triggers. So make 1% hack off the trigger, and make 99% happy :)

the JoKeR
01-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Regardless of what is done on the frame, there will always be a group that doesn't like the choice. Because those people are different, they need to be rounded up and killed:eek: OK, that might be a bit drastic. Either way, you can't make everybody happy, but you can try to appeal to the masses (preferably the ones with cash!):)

rifleman
01-15-2002, 02:42 PM
Even with all of it's hassel, that hole made it really easy to take down...

mountaindud
01-15-2002, 03:05 PM
thats a good idea why not just package it with two trigger guards that come out a double finger one and a single then just move the handle back a little to make room for the screw.

HoppysMag
01-15-2002, 04:23 PM
A mag is what a double trigger was made for! it would make the out of the box fire rate like 7 times more.