PDA

View Full Version : Alright, now I've got headaches

Maghog
01-18-2008, 02:30 PM
I recently released this video.

video updated 11:55 PM January 18th 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii8zyL_NrSM

Andy Kopp, the guy who is mentioned as the producer in the video got upset with me for introducing this song without him approving(he was not completely kept out of this)
It's NOT a misunderstanding, copyright infringement or really anything beyond a disagreement. I am not cheating him out of anything, so now I'm going to ask you guys for some help.

Andy hates the song the way that it's been released, simply because of a minor glitch at the beginning. Before getting into details about how we fought about this. If it were up to him, he would keep this song along with the twelve others that we created together on the shelf for years or maybe forever.

I will NOT release anymore songs, period, not until he has given me permission, which will likely not happen. Andy's life changed quite a bit since we began, and he lost the interest for the (IMO) great music that he makes. We were getting ready to complete a beautiful CD, and he just dropped it about two years ago. Since then, we've done nothing, and the group called Laughing Matter is basically an afterthought.

I won't continue whining, but instead appeal to you guys. I can't get Andy motivated anymore, but maybe you can. I'd appreciate it if some of you guys could send an e-mail to Andy and tell him what a fool he is being by letting things fall apart. He has a 100,000$ studio at home doing nothing, brilliant ideas just waiting to be created, and absolutely no motivation anymore.

If you liked the music, write him an e-mail, at andykopprecords@freenet.de and tell him what a fool he is being by letting his talent just whither away, Post it here or do whatever you can to get him back on track. This thing is no longer in my hands, I've tried all I can except for this. I really think he just needs a nudge to put him back where he belongs, and I really hope that AO can help him do it.

I will be making some minor changes to the video, and Andy will be giving me a new version of the song which will sound different by about 0.0001%
I'll let you know when it happens,
Thanks,
Dan@Triggernomics

anomoly40
01-18-2008, 02:52 PM
I know how you feel about bands backing out. I'll shoot him an email when I get home from work.

trevorjk
01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
email sent

Warwitch
01-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I know how you feel about bands backing out. I'll shoot him an email when I get home from work.

+1

Thats why I went digital and started doing everything myself. :rolleyes: Its so hard to get 4+ creative people to share a continual direction together. Good luck with that, I hate to see good music go to waste....

Maghog
01-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Well were motivated like crazy at the beginning, and we really got far with the CD. Towards the end, the bassist left, and then Andy got overwhelmed with all the things he wanted to do to complete the project. So much that he just stopped, and never picked it up again.
It got me going though now too. I've been working on a solo thing at home and I still love making music.
I just wish that CD would someday see the light of day, because there was some real good stuff on there.
Oh well, if he at least get a few e-mails, maybe it'll get him going.
Dan

mobsterboy
01-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Well were motivated like crazy at the beginning, and we really got far with the CD. Towards the end, the bassist left, and then Andy got overwhelmed with all the things he wanted to do to complete the project. So much that he just stopped, and never picked it up again.
It got me going though now too. I've been working on a solo thing at home and I still love making music.
I just wish that CD would someday see the light of day, because there was some real good stuff on there.
Oh well, if he at least get a few e-mails, maybe it'll get him going.
Dan

sent

:ninja:

Maghog
03-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for your support here guys. I can say in some ways it helped quite a bit. After being quite upset at each other for a while, Andy and I have discussed this and have decided to move forward, albeit in a much different fashion than before. In the end, despite the difficulties, this confrontation helped to reinforce our projects together, and for that, I am very excited.
Dan