PDA

View Full Version : REAL Startrek teaser!

MoeMag
01-18-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/55o_3ZvcYO4&rel=1

:clap: :bounce: :hail: :dance: :headbang:

punkncat
01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
What is that about, are they starting the Star Trek movies over again?

MoeMag
01-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Maybe. I’m hope it will be like what was done with batman begins. Explain where it all started. It’s a prequel to the original series.

Army
01-19-2008, 02:35 AM
Just as long as they don't mess it up as bad as "Enterprise". What a waste of TV celluloid that was. Scott Bacula should be on the bottom of the "never use this actor in a starring role" list.

First thing they need to do, is consult with the legions of die hard Star Trek fans for story accuracy, and proper ship design. Then pore ov er the OS tapes for costume and bad guy themes and roles.

Star Wars broke new ground in technique and FX. Star Trek is legendary, and any new story that deviates from a forward timeline, absolutely MUST adhere to the theme and attitude that is Star Trek. "Enterprise" seemed to make it up as they went along...booo.

It's like Disney making a movie about Pearl Harbor, and failing to portray real history as it happened...........oh yeah, they aleady did that :tard:

rawbutter
01-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah.... if it's something like Batman Begins, that would be awesome. :clap:

But they can't just go and retcon the entire story. That's lame.

MoeMag
01-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah.... if it's something like Batman Begins, that would be awesome. :clap:

But they can't just go and retcon the entire story. That's lame.

Yeah I agree with you and army. They cant change the story. If they did there would be riots. Imagine LAPD trying to deal with a mob of klingons. :wow:

lather
01-20-2008, 09:35 PM
:ninja: Shatner's press conference RE: new star trek movie :ninja:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GZbfD0R6Vc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9GZbfD0R6Vc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MoeMag
04-10-2009, 01:46 AM
One Month To Go!!!

Warwitch
04-10-2009, 07:34 AM
I have to admit this one looks pretty gnarly. I have always detested ST (both TV and movies). Its always been the bastard tard child of Star Wars IMO. Hopefully this one wont be as hokey as previous offerings.

SCpoloRicker
04-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I have to admit this one looks pretty gnarly. I have always detested ST (both TV and movies). Its always been the bastard tard child of Star Wars IMO. Hopefully this one wont be as hokey as previous offerings.

This will generate responses... not sure if you're trolling.

Star Wars is classical Campbell-ian myth. The Heroe's Journey, etc. It had great effects, but it was a feature film.

Star Trek is classic sci-fi conventions. What defines a human? How does culture shape behavior? What if Spock had a goatee? ;) Yes, the TV shows were not great from an effects standpoint, but hey, they have to create XX episodes a year. You can't spend feature money on a TV show.

As far as continuity, the Alamo Drafthouse screening has generated reviews, and while it's not City on the Edge of Forever, they are ret-conning the universe to a degree. Nimoy is credited as 'Spock Prime' implying that he is from the original timeline. These stories are a slightly different timeline. (Kirk's dad dying on the Kelvin, Enterprise built on Earth, Nero's situation)

tribalman
04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Its always been the bastard tard child of Star Wars IMO. Hopefully this one wont be as hokey as previous offerings.

""Star Trek" (1966) (TV series)
Star Wars (1977) " quoted from imdb.com

way to go there chief.

of course star wars is going to be better, it was able to pull from star trek and also improve on it and it had a bigger budget because the sci fi scene was bigger. i think you are actually confusing star trek and battlestar.

MoeMag
04-10-2009, 09:31 PM

way to go there chief.

of course star wars is going to be better, it was able to pull from star trek and also improve on it and it had a bigger budget because the sci fi scene was bigger. i think you are actually confusing star trek and battlestar.

QFT. :cheers:

Army
04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
At least most of you guys didn't have to live through hundreds of bad "B" space theme movies after Star Wars made its first run.

Gagggggg

Endless crap with laser blasts.

MoeMag
04-10-2009, 10:16 PM
The last starfighter.

tribalman
04-10-2009, 11:20 PM
The last starfighter.

are you dissing the lotus blast?

kruger
04-10-2009, 11:50 PM
are you dissing the lotus blast?
Thats "Lotus Flower"

Warwitch
04-11-2009, 08:57 AM

way to go there chief.

Yeah, in retrospect it was a poor analogy. Buy you get the point. It was always a little daytime soap-ish for me.

Heh, 80's B space movies FTW. Space Hunter anyone? Oh wait, how about Enemy Mine? :rofl:

WUNDERWAFFEN
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
It looks pretty good except for Harold (John Cho) playing Samurai Sulu. Don't know about that one- George Takei is just cooler even if he handles man sword. At least George Lucas has nothing to do with it & can't flush this franchise down the toilet - the latest Star Wars & Indiana Jones films come to mind.

Spider-TW
04-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Just as long as they don't mess it up as bad as "Enterprise". What a waste of TV celluloid that was. Scott Bacula should be on the bottom of the "never use this actor in a starring role" list.
:rofl: Just his name makes me laugh.

Scott Bacula is the new Gary Busey. We needed a new one, the old one is pretty beat up.

Timmee
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Thats "Lotus Flower"

Actually, in The Last Starfighter, it's called "Death Blossom".

Ninjeff
04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
:rofl: Just his name makes me laugh.

Scott Bacula is the new Gary Busey. We needed a new one, the old one is pretty beat up.

Nonsense. Quantum Leap was an awesome show. And Scott is doing a pretty good job on Chuck.

Spider-TW
04-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Nonsense. Quantum Leap was an awesome show. And Scott is doing a pretty good job on Chuck.
I have to give a little on Quantum Leap just because it ran for while; you must have had company.

I saw another SB star trek episode go by last night. The production there is not Scott's friend. Not much better than the original.

When and where is "Chuck" ? I will check it out. In theory, there's a role for everyone. Busey was almost always "over the top" (apparently, truly that way). I always thought Bacula was drab and undramatic to the point of getting in the way (especially for a 'captain' character).

Busey was always the other end but still got in the way. I can't watch anything of his and see a character, just goofy Busey.

Destructo6
04-29-2009, 07:43 PM
At least most of you guys didn't have to live through hundreds of bad "B" space theme movies after Star Wars made its first run.

Gagggggg

Endless crap with laser blasts.
Like, "Space 1999" and "Battlestar Gallactica"?

One of the greatest things about the original Star Trek series is that it didn't take itself too seriously. They had campy and comical eipisodes, like "Trouble with Tribbles", mixed in with their more serious topics.

I'll admit to being an old-school Star Trek fan, without being a Trekkie. It was the only sci-fi on TV when I was a kid, even if that dates me a bit.

Captain Archer was far too whiney to be a starship's captain. I liked the newer Enterprise series until they started their "temporal war" that took up a season plus.

MoeMag
05-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Alright... should I go "redshirt" or gold?

I CANT WAIT!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH :bounce:

SCpoloRicker
05-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Dude, Redshirt, obviously. :cool:

I definitely appreciate ST; but I'm an unrepentant SW nerd. Saw Ep III in costume and wore it to work. Classic moment was an 'old asian lady' (and I mean approx 115 years old, 4 ' 8" old asian lady) giving me an extended wtf look, then exclaiming "Jedi!" and then started jabbering away in her native language to another 'old asian lady'.

I'm pretty sure "Jedi" "OK" "Number One" and "Coca-Cola" was the extent of both their English language skill.

MoeMag
05-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Dude, Redshirt, obviously. :cool:

I definitely appreciate ST; but I'm an unrepentant SW nerd. Saw Ep III in costume and wore it to work. Classic moment was an 'old asian lady' (and I mean approx 115 years old, 4 ' 8" old asian lady) giving me an extended wtf look, then exclaiming "Jedi!" and then started jabbering away in her native language to another 'old asian lady'.

I'm pretty sure "Jedi" "OK" "Number One" and "Coca-Cola" was the extent of both their English language skill.

NICE!

I know huh... I am pretty sure I will go with red.

for those of you who dont know...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(character)

Babylon 5
05-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Dang you Kirk don't leave me behind!!!!!!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/Babylon_5/redshirted.jpg

MoeMag
05-08-2009, 04:16 AM
Dang you Kirk don't leave me behind!!!!!!

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h149/Babylon_5/redshirted.jpg

I saw a lot of those shirts...

Expendable.... oh no Olsen!!! CLASSIC.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/05-07-09_1905.jpg
The only photo of the evening. The guy doing the picture bomb is a good painball buddy oddly enough.

GO SEE IT!!! ITS AWESOME! :bounce: :dance: :bounce: :dance:

Babylon 5
05-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Indeed it was quite good. I did like the fact it didn't start slow it just started with a bang.

Did anyone stay until the end to see if there was anything after the credits?

MoeMag
05-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Indeed it was quite good. I did like the fact it didn't start slow it just started with a bang.

Did anyone stay until the end to see if there was anything after the credits?

Sure did. There wasnt anything.

teufelhunden
05-10-2009, 11:23 AM
was sweet, also wanted to punch all of the movie theater employees that were standing at the door on the way out doing the vulcan salute thing.. to everybody.

Spider-TW
05-11-2009, 09:12 PM
was sweet, also wanted to punch all of the movie theater employees that were standing at the door on the way out doing the vulcan salute thing.. to everybody.
did they say "ba-bye!" to each of you? :p

WUNDERWAFFEN
05-19-2009, 01:36 AM
Just saw it. It is worthy enough to see a second time in the theaters. The new cast/crew is pretty good and the ingenious plot device should calm some hardcore fans that revere the franchise.