PDA

View Full Version : No Safety

Bear_Claw
01-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Well i got an Intellie frame on one of my mags (my x-valved Minimag). But the thing is the trigger seams to have developed a lot of slop now. So much so that i can now fire the gun with the safety on. Originally i just thought i had the ULT on my x-vlave tuned a little to sensitive but i i had recently got the old classic valve out and threw it into the mini for a few rounds and even with it the gun still fires with the safety on.

So what you guys think the prob is? Any of you have seen this befor? what can i do to fix?

Here is a pic of the guns (i know one gun missing a feild strip screw i swap it between the two guns as im waiting on one to come from AGD)

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/SmallGroup1.JPG

And this is a closer pic of the mag in question

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/SmallMini.JPG

mr doo doo
01-19-2008, 12:40 AM
take out the safety and check if it was installed right? maybe clean it while its out...

Bear_Claw
01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Sounds dumb but how does one remove the safety i loosened the little adjust screw on the top but still can remove the safety.

But from just messing around i think either the safety or the trigger itself are worn out. In witch case i guess i need a new frame all together if i want to have the safety working and get rid of the sloppy trigger right?

If thats the case id what other duel finger trigger frames do you all recommend? Should i stick with an Intellie frame (never liked the Y-frame).

MANN
01-19-2008, 01:31 PM
there is a grub screw in the top of the frame. You need to unscrew that, and remove the spring, and ball. if you are wanting to uninstall it.

It sorta sounds like your trigger rod is too long. IE the pull that you have is enough to activate the on/off. You might want to see if its within spec, and maybe shorten it.

Just my .02

Bear_Claw
01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanx all i adjusted the rod length. The trigger still has some slop but at least the safety works now.

Everything else seems fine just worn i guess