PDA

View Full Version : Emag Safety

blake20
01-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Got a set of Emag lowers that the Safety is just crazey hard to push. How does one remove to make sure the ball and spring are there and how does one go about putting that little ball and spring back in. I did a search and didn't find much.

Thanks
Blake

Tunaman
01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Just take a punch or small dowel and tap it in the direction away from the spring hole. Keeping your finger over the hole so you dont use it may be a challenge for some.

athomas
01-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Even with a new spring and ball I ended up getting my safety stuck. When I pushed it out with a punch, it pushed the ball out through the side of the metal in the frame. I ended up taking it out and I haven't put it back in since. That was 6 years ago.

If youi do decide to put a new/clean spring and ball bearing back in and reinstall the safety mechanism, make sure you round the edges a bit on the safety grooves where the ball sits. it will help you move the safety back and forth without sticking.

blake20
01-22-2008, 03:22 PM
All I do is pop the safety out backwards??? Is there any way to make sure that I don't break the frame???

athomas
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
Make sure the safety is moving freely. It should pop right out if everything is moving correctly. Mine wasn't and when I forced it, it broke.

blake20
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Make sure the safety is moving freely. It should pop right out if everything is moving correctly. Mine wasn't and when I forced it, it broke.

Mine is very hard to push I practially have to use a hammer now. Any suggestions???

athomas
01-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Put some light lubrication in around the safety so that it gets down around the spring and ball. You may have to take the body and rail off and add the oil from the top where the tiny hole is in the top of the frame above the safety.

blake20
01-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks I've got it soaking right now. We'll try in the morning..

phizz
01-26-2008, 09:46 AM
It shouldn't be sticking unless the spring is perhaps caught in the safety. I had that happen once. I had to order a new spring and ball, not a big deal. It was kind of a pain to put back in while keeping the ball on the spring and not having it slip out while you held both down and slid it back in. I used a very small allen key to hold everything down and that worked well.

Also is your marker firing properly? The sear could be misaligned inside and not in the center of the safety.

blake20
01-26-2008, 03:03 PM
It shouldn't be sticking unless the spring is perhaps caught in the safety. I had that happen once. I had to order a new spring and ball, not a big deal. It was kind of a pain to put back in while keeping the ball on the spring and not having it slip out while you held both down and slid it back in. I used a very small allen key to hold everything down and that worked well.

Also is your marker firing properly? The sear could be misaligned inside and not in the center of the safety.

Well actually it's a new set of lowers and I'm trying to get them up to snuff. Unfortunatly the Safety is sticking (sear completly unhooked, had to replace solenoid). Looks like previous owner had the same problem. scuff marks from what looks like a screwdriver or small punch on and all arround Safety. Thanks again for your help Phizz.
Blake

Ruler_Mark
01-26-2008, 03:43 PM
you need to remove the sear before the safety will come out.