PDA

View Full Version : What format do you play the most?

Spider-TW
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Besides age, what kind of paintball does AO play?

Pick the format you play most often.

Red77
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
the only thing avalible in my area is woodsball for now, i love to play speedball but its been awhile so my :ninja: skills will need some work.

phatty123
01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
I dislike speedball and some of the people it attracts, but its the only hting I can play during the winter. This summer woodsball starts up again.

-barry

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
i play speed mostly just cause i have to... there is a town that was built at the field which is ok.. i played woods ball first time at AO south at krugers place and fell in love, if i had a place like that closer i would play all the time.. im planning on making a trip or 2 up to rome this yr just to play in the woods again.....woooohooooo....

maniacmechanic
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
couldn't vote for two , it's woodsball & scenarios
Red 77 where you at in Fla ??

tebo
01-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Speedball ftw

Stayhuge
01-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I love both speedball and woods ball. Don't mind scenarios, but when they start to go over and hour, I get annoyed. Too long. I would love to play more speedball, but all my friends are into the Tippmann and Flatline barrel hype, and are too chicken to join me indoors. I bought a ULE Custom because of the quality and durability, and it has served me well as a speedball/woodsball gun. But, having to choose one category, I play woodsball the most.

Red77
01-21-2008, 10:59 PM
couldn't vote for two , it's woodsball & scenarios
Red 77 where you at in Fla ??
im in Pensacola, the only place to play speedball is FMJ but they havent started back yet since the shutdown for christmas/new years. not like that matters anyway because i dont have any time to make it out there due to college.

Ruler_Mark
01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
hyperball,, speedball sized field with woodsey bunkers,, local field has tons of them setup :D

Looper
01-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Woods... with some scenario, but mostly woods.

d4m4don3
01-21-2008, 11:11 PM
hyperball,, speedball sized field with woodsey bunkers,, local field has tons of them setup :D

My favorite type of field. :dance:

SC Village's arenas. It's like home to me, very comfortable there.

Would be more comfortable with spools or tires. :rolleyes:

I miss Tombstone :cry:

Ruler_Mark
01-21-2008, 11:13 PM
My favorite type of field. :dance:

SC Village's arenas. It's like home to me, very comfortable there.

Would be more comfortable with spools or tires. :rolleyes:

I miss Tombstone :cry:

the local field here has these old giant pvc pipes vertically and cut for halfmoons. they are ribbed so you can sit tighter

ljpiller
01-21-2008, 11:20 PM
I love playing in the woods. Even if the field is filled with bunkers and more like a speedball field, theres a certain thrill of being on varying terrain. The game tend to have a lot bigger variety of situations. But most of all, I like the ability to be sneaky.

Speedball is fine too, but it doesn't help that the local field is full of your stereotypical type-A personalities. "killing the newbies" and googing someone from 5 feet away is highly praised. I'm not saying all of speedball is like that, but in my local speedball field's case it makes up the general consesus of "experienced" players. The most annoying part is that beginners and younger kids look up to them as what to become.

olinar
01-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Me and my friends go to the outskirts of towninto a desert and shoot eachother up. There are some trees and shrubbery but alot f dirches, and man made bunkers. People have dumped alot of garbage like old couches and scrap. I think theres about half a 50's chevy truck out there as well.

Usually a total of 8 of us all rockin tippy's and spyder's. Im going to rip face with my emag next time we go out.

jade_monkey07
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM
During the summer its woodsball open format 99% of the time. with a few all day scenarios mixed in. during the winter its all speedball. not half as fun but keeps the skillz sharp

ProblemKinder
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
woodsball = slow boring and waste of my time.

i like the fact that as soon as speedball starts, you're in the game. i'm too lazy to wander around searching for opponants.

DBC
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I like them all equally. If some one made me choose one, I guess I would choose woodsball.

MANN
01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I vote all of the above.

its kinda like picking between college or NFL. Both have their plus and minus, but in the end they are both football. It is the same between paintball.

Spider-TW
01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
I vote all of the above.

its kinda like picking between college or NFL. Both have their plus and minus, but in the end they are both football. It is the same between paintball.
Think of it more like where you spend your money (or time) the most, not which one you like. I like it all too, but my money habits show a preference. Big games usually have elements of both speed ball and woods ball, they are less frequent, but can consume more time and money.

I think the costs of the three run about the same, but I wish I had a group picture (in gear) for each of the categories. :D