PDA

View Full Version : I think I screwed up... Mini owners pls read:

Resurection
01-21-2008, 08:07 PM
OK, so is it the Stainless Steel freak back or the Aluminum freak back that FITS into a mini?

Madmarx
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Why would that matter? :confused:
If it's cocker threaded you should be all set.

maniacmechanic
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
A buddy of mine had a mini for a while & some barrels wouldn't fit into the body

Resurection
01-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Why would that matter? :confused:
If it's cocker threaded you should be all set.

nope, i read somewhere (god I can't find it now) that one of the two doesn't fit right. it can work, but you have to sand it down some.

Madmarx
01-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Hmmm it sounds like the mini's have a problem.

Now that you say that I remember cyber was going to let me try one of his barrels and it wouldn't fit.

The alum wood be easier to sand down :rolleyes:

Resurection
01-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Hmmm it sounds like the mini's have a problem.

Now that you say that I remember cyber was going to let me try one of his barrels and it wouldn't fit.

The alum wood be easier to sand down :rolleyes:

That's exactly why I think I screwed up... makes me believe the steel is ok, and I sold mine.

Madmarx
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Doh!

Resurection
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Found it: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1901430

Barrels:
Autococker threads. Barrels seem to be hit or miss. Here I will list those that are confirmed NOT to fit. If you are certain that one does not fit and is not listed here, please PM me so I can add it.

Barrels that do NOT fit:
Stainless Steel Freak Back (Pre 2006)
Planet Eclipse Shaft Solo (1-Piece)

BAZOOKA_Boy
01-21-2008, 09:30 PM
you are not crazy, SP barrels do not fit well at all in a mini, infact I have not found one SP barrel that will, its just a slight tolerance difference on the non threaded portion thats causing it, sanding it will solve this, though do you really want to take metal off of a new item like that? :P

d4m4don3
01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
you are not crazy, SP barrels do not fit well at all in a mini, infact I have not found one SP barrel that will, its just a slight tolerance difference on the non threaded portion thats causing it, sanding it will solve this, though do you really want to take metal off of a new item like that? :P

Gee mine fit? :ninja:

It's the newer backs that fit on the unit I bought my freak back in 06.

Didn't have to sand it didn't have to do any mods.

The older models seem to have more issues.

manike
01-22-2008, 09:58 AM
The trouble is that there has never been a specification for Autococker barrels.

Thus barrels and gun bodies have been made to various sizes and tolerances over the years.

Is you mini a recent one, or an earlier version?

Is the SP Barrel a newer one or an earlier version? It would be newer if made in the last few years.

SP actually reduced the lead diameter of their barrels in the last few years to come in line with "most" other manufacturers. Early freaks had a HUGE rear diameter to get around the sleeve system and pushed the tolerances in order to give them as much metal around the sleeves as possible. More recent barrels from SP are fine with ANY mini, early or late.

That said, and with the proliferation of used cocker barrels we did recently increase the size on the inside of the mini breach to accept more barrels and some of the older barrels.

Thus if you have a New Mini you will be fine with any barrels.

If you have an old mini but a new SP barrel you should be fine.

If you have an older mini and an older SP barrel it *may* be a tight fit.

Hope that helps.

Resurection
01-22-2008, 07:56 PM
The trouble is that there has never been a specification for Autococker barrels.

Thus barrels and gun bodies have been made to various sizes and tolerances over the years.

Is you mini a recent one, or an earlier version?

Is the SP Barrel a newer one or an earlier version? It would be newer if made in the last few years.

SP actually reduced the lead diameter of their barrels in the last few years to come in line with "most" other manufacturers. Early freaks had a HUGE rear diameter to get around the sleeve system and pushed the tolerances in order to give them as much metal around the sleeves as possible. More recent barrels from SP are fine with ANY mini, early or late.

That said, and with the proliferation of used cocker barrels we did recently increase the size on the inside of the mini breach to accept more barrels and some of the older barrels.

Thus if you have a New Mini you will be fine with any barrels.

If you have an old mini but a new SP barrel you should be fine.

If you have an older mini and an older SP barrel it *may* be a tight fit.

Hope that helps.

Perfectly sums up the situation. Thank you.