PDA

View Full Version : KayleAGD !!! GRRRRR ACE BoarD!

phizz
01-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey if anybody can get a hold of Kayle please tell him I am still waiting on my Ace Board from June... He said it was ready and would send it out in october but again he has disappeared I would hate to make another thread calling him a theif but.... Please get back to me!

BigEvil
01-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Hey if anybody can get a hold of Kayle please tell him I am still waiting on my Ace Board from June... He said it was ready and would send it out in october but again he has disappeared I would hate to make another thread calling him a theif but.... Please get back to me!

Exact same thing with me. I have tried contacting him via PM, EMail, through Grazymoto and Myspace. No response.

mpsd
01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Why does this happens all the time? I mean, we had JDogg, who caused a real mess around here and screwed a lot of people. The other day, I was reading a post of a boy who sold an Automag to two different guys at PBNation and he didn't have that Mag. Now, I'm reading this...

There should be some way to punish, in the real world, those scammers who keep taking people's hard earned money. Maybe if the Forum could disclosure the scammer's info to the prejudiced people, so they could sue him or go to the police and open a case over him, I don't know. But we should be able to do something despite keep getting screwed over and over and just flaming the :cuss: later so other people don't get scammed too...

wetwrks
01-23-2008, 01:37 PM
During almost any transaction, you should have an address for the other individual. You can file a complaint with your police and they will forward the info to his police.

IDriveBug
01-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Or you could pay with your credit card through paypal, then if you dont get your item you can file a claim through paypal, and if that doesnt work, most good credit cards (like amex) have buyer protection and are almost always a lot easier to get money out of than paypal...
Just a suggestion.... not that it will bring your money back to you now...

**grabs pitch fork and torch** Lets go find that twerp!

Smoothice
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Lately I have been getting phone numbers from people before sending any payment or goods.

And then I call it to make sure it is working.

This was a better tactic before they came up with pay as you go cell phones :mad:

BigEvil
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
What drives me nuts is that Kayle was one of the more reputable people on AO. If he will screw you, anyone will.

phizz
01-24-2008, 10:22 AM
What drives me nuts is that Kayle was one of the more reputable people on AO. If he will screw you, anyone will.

yes he had good feedback and everything, I guess when somebody decides to screw you over there isn't much you can do about it.

Chaos_Theory!
01-24-2008, 10:30 AM
reputable people on AO.

Its almost like theres no such thing anymore. All the people who used to have a good standing on this site are screwing people over all the time it seems. Whether it be holding onto custom work or just not sending out stuff thats been payed for, people are getting screwed. I think some of it has to do with people not going about things in a safe way to cover their ***' though. If you get all the correct info and pay in the correct way you should be fully covered if somethign like this happens.

Indignant
01-24-2008, 12:39 PM
no reputable people on AO? you guys are just falling to deep into the trust made through others... people change. not all of them, but some do, to say there are no reputable people left is ridiculous

smilestyler
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I just can't see him scamming anyone. He even tried helping me track down Brad Nestle. Maybe somebody here can post if something has happened to K

MANN
01-24-2008, 06:16 PM
iirc he had some family issues late last year. While I do not know him personally I have had conversations via email, and he seems like a good guy. If you know his real name just zaba him.

phizz
01-27-2008, 05:31 AM
He may well be a good guy but I am definately beginning to doubt that fact as he has been nothing but bad to me. Please if anybody knows him, tell me to get a hold of me on here.

Russ
01-27-2008, 03:51 PM

Sad, but true. A bad day for AO. Over the years I've seen so much of this happen here. Somehow I've had nothing but good transactions from the membership. I rekon my number will come up one day...

Russ
01-27-2008, 04:02 PM
iirc he had some family issues late last year. While I do not know him personally I have had conversations via email, and he seems like a good guy. If you know his real name just zaba him.

I don't buy this for a second. Integrity is what it is

electriceel125
01-27-2008, 06:16 PM
I just can't see him scamming anyone. He even tried helping me track down Brad Nestle. Maybe somebody here can post if something has happened to K

Ive been told this story before. Its a scammers story through and through.

Tunaman
01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Kayle wouldn't rip off anyone. Patience young lads and i will try to contact him and see what is up. ;)

50 cal
01-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Kayle is a very good friend of mine and would not rip anyone off. He works a lot of OT at his job and does get sidetracked from pb.

I'll give him a yell and get him to check here.

phatty123
01-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I just wanted to chime in. Everytime one of these posts goes up a friend ends up saying that the person is busy with his "real" job or "real" life. If you can't do the work promised in the time specified then don't take the work. It isnt the customers fault he double books him self.

-Barry

punkncat
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't know Kayle personally but there may be another cause for this problem.
When items are shipped from the states to Canada they cannot be tracked and are subject to inspection by customs.
They can and will hold items for varying and indefinate periods of time, not mail them, even lose them.
It very well could be that the item was shipped and is sitting in some bin somewhere at a processing facility.

going_home
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't know Kayle personally but there may be another cause for this problem.
When items are shipped from the states to Canada they cannot be tracked and are subject to inspection by customs.
They can and will hold items for varying and indefinate periods of time, not mail them, even lose them.
It very well could be that the item was shipped and is sitting in some bin somewhere at a processing facility.

Thats not entirely true.
If you ship USPS Global Express Guaranteed you get tracking to the Canadian destination,
which is what is required by Ebay and Paypal in a dispute.
Problem is Canadian buyers dont want to pay 35.00 to 45.00 shipping for a marker (depending on the amount of insurance) or 22.00 for a flat rate envelope.
And they think you are ripping them off when you quote them shipping.
The seller shipping without tracking to the destination (proof of delivery) is defenseless in a dispute and Paypal will refund the buyers money.
Thats why I quit shipping to Canada. They act like you are crazy and trying to rip them off on shipping charges when all you are doing is doing what is required by Ebay and Paypal.

:(

punkncat
01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Thats not entirely true.
If you ship USPS Global Express Guaranteed you get tracking to the Canadian destination, :(

I stand corrected.

Is this a new thing or has this been around? I had inquired about it with USPS and UPS and was told by their agents that thre was no option to track across the border.

smilestyler
01-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Thats not entirely true.
If you ship USPS Global Express Guaranteed you get tracking to the Canadian destination,
Problem is Canadian buyers dont want to pay 35.00 to 45.00 shipping for a marker (depending on the amount of insurance) or 22.00 for a flat rate envelope.
The seller shipping without tracking to the destination (proof of delivery) is defenseless in a dispute and Paypal will refund the buyers money.
Thats why I quit shipping to Canada. They act like you are crazy and trying to rip them off on shipping charges when all you are doing is doing what is required by Ebay and Paypal.

You only need tracking to the border to prove that you sent the item. Tracking to the destination is only for seller/buyer ease of mind.

phizz
01-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Kayle is a very good friend of mine and would not rip anyone off. He works a lot of OT at his job and does get sidetracked from pb.

Thanks a lot!

BigEvil
01-31-2008, 10:36 AM

Yeah please. It would be greatly appreciated

going_home
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
You only need tracking to the border to prove that you sent the item. Tracking to the destination is only for seller/buyer ease of mind.

Not true at all.
I personally got a tracking number for an item I bought.
It said online that USPS had been notified by the seller of the package.
No change in the online tracking and no response from the seller for 3 weeks.
I filed a non receipt complaint with Paypal.
Paypal gave me a full refund.
The package showed up about two weeks later and I sent the payment once again.
The seller never did respond at all, to the refund, or even to the resending of the payment.

smilestyler
01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
You just stated that you got a full refund. If had been a deadbeat seller what else would you want??

And why are talking about shipping lol

going_home
01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
You just stated that you got a full refund. If had been a deadbeat seller what else would you want??

And why are talking about shipping lol

I got a full refund and the seller had a tracking number, that was the point.
I did eventually get the item and resent the payment though.

I was saying your statement was totally incorrect.
Shipping to Canada without tracking to the destination leaves the US seller in danger of Paypal giving the buyer a full refund. Period.

:ninja:

warbeak2099
01-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Gee it's been like 4 days since 50 cal said he was going to tell Kayle to post here...

IcantBelieveit
01-31-2008, 08:59 PM
the good old days of AO are long gone and it has nothing to do with kayle. Just the usual 2 week newbie waves. KayleAGD is a very reputable guy, I dont know him personally, but in the good old days of AO i have sent quite of few things to him for repair and replacement, thousands of dollars of stuff..and had not one problem...people are so quick to jump to conclusions.

teufelhunden
01-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Not true at all.
I personally got a tracking number for an item I bought.
It said online that USPS had been notified by the seller of the package.
No change in the online tracking and no response from the seller for 3 weeks.
I filed a non receipt complaint with Paypal.
Paypal gave me a full refund.
The package showed up about two weeks later and I sent the payment once again.
The seller never did respond at all, to the refund, or even to the resending of the payment.

The tracking system saying it knows of the package and the system saying the package has been shipped are two different things. The USPS says that it has been notified of the package and UPS says something like shipping info received. That just means that a label with a tracking number has been printed. When it actually says shipped or shows the location it is in is when the package has been shipped, which is enough for the seller to prove that *something* [not necessarily the item itself] has been shipped.

In your case, the seller printed a label. The system never actually got the package, which is why you got a refund no questions asked.

going_home
02-01-2008, 06:55 AM
The tracking system saying it knows of the package and the system saying the package has been shipped are two different things. The USPS says that it has been notified of the package and UPS says something like shipping info received. That just means that a label with a tracking number has been printed. When it actually says shipped or shows the location it is in is when the package has been shipped, which is enough for the seller to prove that *something* [not necessarily the item itself] has been shipped.

In your case, the seller printed a label. The system never actually got the package, which is why you got a refund no questions asked.

Unless you as a seller can prove to Paypal the buyer actually received the item, there is the possibility they will refund the buyers money. If the buyer files a complaint, they will refund.

BigEvil
02-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Unless you as a seller can prove to Paypal the buyer actually received the item, there is the possibility they will refund the buyers money. If the buyer files a complaint, they will refund.

Correct. Ive been through this a few times before already. Paypal is especially prone to granting refunds to buyers when/if there are numerous complaints against the seller.

Doobie
02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I will personaly vouch for Kayle. The guy is O.K. in my book. There must be extenuating circumstances around this that he is not willing to share with us. I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

50 cal
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
He has been contacted.

phatty123
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
and?

BigEvil
02-06-2008, 07:13 AM
and?

^
What he said

BigEvil
06-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Another FIVE months, and still nothing from this guy. Last I heard from him regarding my ACES was that he forgot to ship them to me and that they were all ready. Since it's taking so long I am assuming he is walking here with them personally. :confused: Im sorry, but there are no excuses for this. Guy officially is on the AO-A-Hole list.

I wish I had the money back I spent on these so I could purchase two of Papa Smurfs new boards.

phatty123
06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Yep. Sucks you got burned. I just recently got burned.. not on purpose I think, but I am going to try to work it out with the person I traded with.

-barry

Papa_Smurf
06-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Another FIVE months, and still nothing from this guy. Last I heard from him regarding my ACES was that he forgot to ship them to me and that they were all ready. Since it's taking so long I am assuming he is walking here with them personally. :confused: Im sorry, but there are no excuses for this. Guy officially is on the AO-A-Hole list.

I wish I had the money back I spent on these so I could purchase two of Papa Smurfs new boards.

The ACE thread will be updated tonight with some news.

:cheers:

Ruler_Mark
06-15-2008, 05:20 PM
The ACE thread will be updated tonight with some news.

:cheers:

update faster!

BlackVCG
06-17-2008, 12:39 AM
I'll say this... I worked side by side with Kayle at the IAO tournaments from 2001-2004. I spent the whole week of the tournament around the guy. He's a great person, though I must admit it took quite a bit of pestering to get some on/off switches from him back in 2004 when he first started making them.

I'm not going to make excuses for the guy, but he has a couple of kids, I think he remarried in the last few years and spends a lot of time at work. Paintball projects are probably the last thing he has time for even if he wants to spend time on them. That doesn't make up for him taking this long to take care of his customers, especially if they have paid in advance.

I realized real quick that when I got out of college, working on guns just didn't work out with trying to manage a career, home life, etc. I stopped working on guns before I ticked off too many people. I just think Kayle wants to do these switches, but doesn't realize that he doesn't have the time for it...

Anyway, all that said I have a bag with a few of these switches in it. They are probably his early generation switches and I'm sure he's cleaned up the design a bit since then, but I'm sure they work fine. Give Kayle a call, e-mail, etc. and if you don't hear anything back soon I will send you one - on me. Sound good?

KayleAGD
06-24-2008, 10:16 PM
First of all I would like to send my deepest apology to all I have let down! I realize that there is no excuse for the time laps that I have allowed . I'm not going to try to justify my actions, but please keep in mind I have had major Family issues, my wife was ill and we are dealing with a child with major ongoing medical problems. I am in the process of getting this resolved and understand that it would have been proper to drop a line to inform you all of my statues. I am not a thief and would never think of offending my fellow AOer's You must understand that this not an act of deceit this is an act of an overloaded Loyal, concerned Family Man

BigEvil
06-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Thank you for taking the time to respond. My best wishes and prayers for you and your family.

Shane-O-Mac
06-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Good to hear from you Kayle, drop me an email if you get a chance, I wanna see when you might be coming up this way again.

rifleman wi
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
best to you and your family man. :)

Oregon_pb_
06-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Thats not entirely true.

nail...... head....... hit...

US shipping only for me as well

phizz
06-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Jeeze I gave up on this thread long ago and considered my board long gone... in fact I don't even have anything that it goes in anymore it has been so long.

I am really sorry for Kayles issues but it still doesn't change the fact he has peoples items. Over a year should be plenty of time especially when I didn't even care anymore if my item came back fixed or not. I just wanted it back....

I do seriously hope everything is well but you can understand if I am a more then a little hesitant. Until I receive a personal message of some sort and my item back I won't be happy. This is a start though.

phizz
07-06-2008, 03:33 AM
wow it sure was nice of him to stop in and put that message in and then not even bother to give a pm or anything... as I stated before SCAMMER!