PDA

View Full Version : ReTro bolt bumper/Classic AIR bolt bumper

KamikazePenguin
01-15-2002, 06:15 PM
my ReTro valve has somehow come to be missing the bolt bumper, don't ask how, i have no idea...it's beyond me. Might have been on the bottom of hte bolt when i took the bolt out and fallen off before i put the bolt back in. The point is, it's gone.

Would it be possible to use an AIR bolt bumper (the blue one) in place of the clear (urethane?) ReTro bumper? I know it'd be hella better to have a ReTro one, but in the mean time will it at all hurt the gun to use a blue bumper?

Also, I am fairly sure but before i go out and spend the $20, if I buy an RT parts kit will the bumper from an RT work in my ReTro valve? I at one time probably knew all this but at the moment it's beyond me.

Minimag4me
01-15-2002, 06:42 PM
its probably not good to use an air valve bumper in the retro(i dont know the exact reprocussions but its not good)

the bumper for the rt will work in the retro

a_malfunction
01-15-2002, 11:33 PM
I was told that if you use a classic bumper in an RT that it would give the bolt too much energy and would lead to chopping.

gimp
01-16-2002, 12:25 PM
You dont need a whole new parts kit, they have them at dropzone paintball for 2 bucks a pop. http://www.dropzonepaintball.com/html/rt_parts.html

*edit* - You also can check the AGD online store, I think they have them there too.