PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

SouthMcSuck
01-24-2008, 04:32 PM
So as I type this, I'm tinkering with my RT Mag right now, trying to figure out how to unhook the macroline from the bottom of the front grip, b/c I'm going to be getting a grip that are like the 68 Classic's, and I thought I might as well figure out how to do it.

I can't figure out how to disconnect it though. There isn't a nut to unscrew, and I don't just want to try and pull on the line.
Heres a picture of what I mean
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/6372/97720761td5.jpg

So there it is.
Can anyone help?

Thanks.

01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
the little ring on the hose end of the fitting needs to be pushed in and held while you pull on the macro line
If the line has been in there awhile it may take a bit to get it to pop free, but as long as you are pressing the ring into the fitting it shouldnt cause a problem if you pull really hard

guseppe16
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Do you mean taking the macro fitting off the grip, or just the macroline out of the fitting?

SouthMcSuck
01-24-2008, 06:45 PM
I got it off.
I do have another question though.

I decided to just cut off the rubber grip on the front grip (i didn't like its feel) so Im wondering. Instead of buying a whole new grip, could I just get a bicycle grip (like the 68 Automag) and slip it over the existing grip?