PDA

View Full Version : air tank leak

joelbird
01-24-2008, 10:01 PM
having a crappy night, i have a DXS HPA tank. i have filled and used about 3 full tanks out of it. mainly fixing my mags. well tonight i fix my classic thanks to help for this forum. I happened to pick up an asa in a trade and decided to use it tonight since it had an on and off. well after i used it i noticed that the knob was hard to turn the air off. i unscrewed the bottle to find it still having some pressure. when i pulled the tank off, it was hissing from the pin. i played with the pin with my finger. it hisses louder to one side and less to the other. i can get it to almost stop but not completely. Did the pin get bent cause i got a crappy asa in a trade? i tried to use the tank on two of my CP ASA's and had no problem using it but it did not fix the problem. any ideas? empty tank and refill? anything. lets make this a two problem fix for me on here in two days....

athomas
01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Its probably a bad tank pin oring. Most regulators can be taken apart and serviced. Make sure the tank is completely empty when you do this. Don't use any lubricants in the regulator when you reassemble.

phizz
01-26-2008, 10:17 AM
there is a little o-ring inside around the pin that can usually be replaced for about $3 or less. How much pressure is left in the tank? I have one that will leak when the pressure gets down below about 800psi. When filled no leaks what so ever. I seem to have problems with PMI tanks doing that but again its an easy 2 second fix, any paintball shop should do it for you for free if you buy the o-ring.

Most valves like Athomas said can be taken apart, usually its one or two set screws in the side of the valve and the valve will split in half. Again make sure there is NO AIR in the tank.

also a lot of the time you can just flip the pin o-ring upside down and it will work again.