PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Tech question

Twistedpsyche
01-25-2008, 10:57 AM
Ok so I got ahold of a set of Emag lowers with Xmod 1.8. I installed them on my Tac One last night and I have a couple issues/questions.
1. For some reason when I air it up with the standard on/off (instead of the ULT) it either just leaks or farts the air out sounding like rapid fire. So is it ok to us the Emag with the ULT?

2. When I use it with the ULT it seems to work fine in Electronic mode with one exception. Sometimes the sear is not resetting properly. I am missing the saftey btw (will that make a big difference?). So when it does not reset itself I have to use a small tool to just push it forward and reset it.

3. It won't work in mech mode, period.

Any thoughts? Solutions?
Thanks.

TnDeathInc
01-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Pin length - you might need to get an emag pin or shave down the one you have. Big E can quote what it needs to be off the top of his head or you can do a seach, i dont want to tell you wrong.

robnix
01-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Ok so I got ahold of a set of Emag lowers with Xmod 1.8. I installed them on my Tac One last night and I have a couple issues/questions.
1. For some reason when I air it up with the standard on/off (instead of the ULT) it either just leaks or farts the air out sounding like rapid fire. So is it ok to us the Emag with the ULT?

2. When I use it with the ULT it seems to work fine in Electronic mode with one exception. Sometimes the sear is not resetting properly. I am missing the saftey btw (will that make a big difference?). So when it does not reset itself I have to use a small tool to just push it forward and reset it.

3. It won't work in mech mode, period.

Any thoughts? Solutions?
Thanks.

The ULT does not provide enough return force to rest the Emag sear, You need an Emag on/off, which has slightly different o-rings than the RT/Pro on/off , and an Emag length on/off pin.

Ruler_Mark
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM
The ULT does not provide enough return force to rest the Emag sear, You need an Emag on/off, which has slightly different o-rings than the RT/Pro on/off , and an Emag length on/off pin.

RT/Pro on/off works fine in my gun with the emag length pin

TnDeathInc
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
i use standard rt on offs, some with the new orings some with the old, with shaved or purchased pins.

BigEvil
01-25-2008, 12:25 PM
You need:

-Emag length on/off pin. .712 or smaller. I run mine from .700 down to .680 for higher ROF with the Xmag

-Emag specific black quad oring to replace the small one in the top of the on/off. (In the body)

-You also need to read up on the Xmod manual. There is a whole section showing you how to check the specs on the solenoid plunger. If it is too short, then it has trouble shooting. This is a very common occurrence. That plunger is loc-tited to the sear and after a while it breaks loose and spins all over the place. Also important, that whole plunger assembly should move 110% freely when its all together and you tilt the gun forward. They have a tendency to bend once in a while.

Twistedpsyche
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Cool. Thanks a lot for all the info everyone. I'll definitely get on and review the manual. I was going to do it today, but I'm at work and the web store is one of the "restricted" sites at work. :( I'll get on there tonight when I get home.

Can I get a hold of a seperate on/off pin or do I need to go buy the entire on/off assembly?

Thanks again.

athomas
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
You can buy just the pin.

Twistedpsyche
01-25-2008, 03:33 PM
You can buy just the pin.

Where? I didn't see it at tunamart.

BAZOOKA_Boy
01-25-2008, 03:45 PM
buy one directly from AGD, they have them in the correct .712 pin length, and they also have quadoring packs, both of which you will need! good luck getting your Etach up and running!

Twistedpsyche
01-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Excellent.
Once again. Thanks for the info.

ProblemKinder
01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
if you're brave enough to ship first i would swap an Emag valve for an Xvalve. :ninja:

Twistedpsyche
01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
if you're brave enough to ship first i would swap an Emag valve for an Xvalve. :ninja:

What's the difference? Isn't the Emag valve just an Xvalve made out of stainless steel?

phizz
01-26-2008, 09:59 AM
emag valve is worth about $50 less when being bought used. Other then being stainless and a bit heavier functionally no difference.

Also you might want to try upping the dwell on the marker my old xmag wouldn't fire unless my dwell was around 19? at least I think thats what it was at it was a while ago now.

Oh and listen to BigEvil I can't say enough good things about his tech skills.

Twistedpsyche
01-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Oh and listen to BigEvil I can't say enough good things about his tech skills.

I will. And thanks for the info on the valves.

varq
01-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I had the same exact problem when I did this .... Here is what I found out
1) the ULT works great!!!! MUCH Better than the stock on/off
2) My problem was that the sear length was off.... it needs to be measured

I had to send it into agd... For $20 bucks they adjusted and tuned it to perfection!

that was it.. (the safety has no impact)

good luck

Twistedpsyche
01-26-2008, 11:48 PM
I had the same exact problem when I did this .... Here is what I found out
1) the ULT works great!!!! MUCH Better than the stock on/off
2) My problem was that the sear length was off.... it needs to be measured

I had to send it into agd... For $20 bucks they adjusted and tuned it to perfection!

that was it.. (the safety has no impact)

good luck

Cool, I'll look in to that. Thanks for the info.

xxkylexx
01-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Cool, I'll look in to that. Thanks for the info.
Could also try http://modmymag.com to get a tune up.

Twistedpsyche
01-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Could also try http://modmymag.com to get a tune up.

Yeah, I was considering that, but I am kind of a do it yerselfer as much as possible.

BTW is THIS (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=399&categoryID=23) the correct on/off? It looks like it, but the length is not what everyone described above.

Thanks.

athomas
01-28-2008, 09:54 PM
This is the proper emag on-off assembly:

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=205&categoryID=24

If you only need the pin, it is:

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=395&categoryID=24

Twistedpsyche
01-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Excellent. Once again, thanks for the info, you guys are great.