PDA

View Full Version : Information regarding valves please!

Whee McGee
01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Is there any specific way of tuning a valve to achieve better efficiency with 12grams? I'd heard Mags got somewhere around 12 shots, and I'd really like to be somewhere past the 20s.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Check a few older threads, and got the info I wanted for which valves run on CO2, and which can't. Still looking for 12gram efficiency answers, though.

Motorhead
01-25-2008, 07:07 PM
You could do it with the Original A.I.R. valves by reducing the air chamber volume with an internal sleeve, then cranking up the regulator pressure until you get the velocity back up.

The newer SS Classic A.I.R. valves CAN NOT have the power tube removed from the valve body, so this mod is not possible.

mr doo doo
01-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Whee Mcgee: i get around 20 shots with a 12 gram for my mag pistol (seems like lots of people are getting into them now, including you!). here is a thread of RRfireblade and turbo talking about getting more shots with a 12 gram.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208650

sort of confusing for me since im an idiot, but i can live with 20 shots per 12 gram ;) . good luck with your pistol mag Whee :shooting:

Whee McGee
01-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Whee Mcgee: i get around 20 shots with a 12 gram for my mag pistol (seems like lots of people are getting into them now, including you!). here is a thread of RRfireblade and turbo talking about getting more shots with a 12 gram.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208650

sort of confusing for me since im an idiot, but i can live with 20 shots per 12 gram ;) . good luck with your pistol mag Whee :shooting:
Ugh, I consider myself nowhere near advanced enoug to screw with regs and valve internals like them.

Right now I'm looking at a Classic or Minimag valve, slapping on a level 10, and maybe switching out the Classic on/off assembly with an RT one (I read somewhere it's supposed to be an easier trigger pull)

Will that do anything to the efficiency? I'm thinking I might actually make it worse with the level 10. Any help?

At first, I thought about making a Sniper that I can convert into SC and OC, but I really wanted a stable use for the UMF I got, since I've decided to leave the Z-grip on my main Mag. I have a 12 gram dropout and a horizontal ASA on the way, and I have a good friend looking into the possibility of an Angel threaded SC feed.

Doodoo, that reminds me. Will the Horizontal ASA fit on RT rails? I know they have the wings, but would the Rogue adapter fix that problem, or should I consider looking for another classic rail?

I only ask you because I know you have a (very very nice) pistol in your possession.

Motorhead
01-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Ugh, I consider myself nowhere near advanced enoug to screw with regs and valve internals like them.

Right now I'm looking at a Classic or Minimag valve, slapping on a level 10, and maybe switching out the Classic on/off assembly with an RT one (I read somewhere it's supposed to be an easier trigger pull)

Will that do anything to the efficiency? I'm thinking I might actually make it worse with the level 10. Any help?

At first, I thought about making a Sniper that I can convert into SC and OC, but I really wanted a stable use for the UMF I got, since I've decided to leave the Z-grip on my main Mag. I have a 12 gram dropout and a horizontal ASA on the way, and I have a good friend looking into the possibility of an Angel threaded SC feed.

Doodoo, that reminds me. Will the Horizontal ASA fit on RT rails? I know they have the wings, but would the Rogue adapter fix that problem, or should I consider looking for another classic rail?

I only ask you because I know you have a (very very nice) pistol in your possession.

If using 12 grams, a level 10 bolt is the WORSE thing you could do for your efficiency :confused:
Because of the level 10 bolt cycling gas threw it's internals, they use MORE GAS that just a simple blow forward level 7 bolt.

Whee McGee
01-26-2008, 06:06 PM
If using 12 grams, a level 10 bolt is the WORSE thing you could do for your efficiency :confused:
Because of the level 10 bolt cycling gas threw it's internals, they use MORE GAS that just a simple blow forward level 7 bolt.
Ahh, thank you. I figured as much.

djellum
01-27-2008, 02:37 AM
If you could rig up an on/off that doesnt purge the gun you could air up, turn off, load 12 gram, air on, and have whatever air is in the gun and lines as extra. A small expansion chamber somewhere would give extra storage. You only need 8 more grams or so in the markers air system to get your 20 shots. Depends on how much your using it though.