PDA

View Full Version : ReTro/RT users, out of curiosity...

KamikazePenguin
01-15-2002, 07:01 PM
When you chrono your mag correctly, according to AGD chrono procedures to RT mags, I'd like to know....

What do you usually set your velocity limit for (field limit, tourney limit, etc)
About what FPS does your gun get cold (normal chronoing, not RT procedure)

What i'm wondering, in short, is what kind of velocity variance do you get between your coldest shots, and your hottest rapid fire. I'm wondering whether there is a pretty broad range or whether most people fall into a certain category of variance. Myself, i just got my ReTro so i don't have any numbers yet, i'll post them after i get a chance to use it.

Rynoboy06
01-15-2002, 08:17 PM
I normally just set my FPS so low that I know it won't go over. It's not worth messing with it every time, spending so much paint in the target range. I'll set it for 270-275 tops, and I know from following the procedure the first couple of times that it won't go up above the 290 limit for me. I don't care enough for a rec game to really find the edge and ride it. Let them have that 5 fps advantage, I'd rather not waste my time. I think one of the sheets that comes with the gun talks about this. I've never had a chrono ref make me do it the special way. No hard numbers, and you have to be shooting pretty fast to get it to climb noticably. 'course, fast is what RT does. Best wishes for somebody more informed and articulate to finish this off.

SGTKennedy
01-15-2002, 08:20 PM
i just set mine noticibly lower. make up with ball what i lose in FPS. eh. it works. i play mostly indoor on small feilds so 215-230 is what mines at... lets it spike up to 250 if something goes goofy.

the123
01-15-2002, 08:33 PM
when my e-mag is set to 280-285-- I get about 230-260 first cold shot.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-15-2002, 09:59 PM
for some reason, if i crono regularly, the velocity is lower. when i do it the "RT" way, then it's slightly higher. about 20 fps. so i try to always do it the "RT" way, so not to have it like 320 when i rapid fire. maybe it's me or maybe im' just dumb. i dont konw.