PDA

View Full Version : Questions about AGD Logo

blake20
01-27-2008, 10:35 AM
I have noticed that quite a few people have been making shirts and hats with the AGD lion logo and the Automags.org logo. I was wondering who do I need to ask about reproducing the logos???

Thanks
Blake

Temo Vryce
01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Tom a.k.a. AGD will usually pop into a thread like this one and give his approval to use the logo. Having some designs posted usually helps as well.

blake20
01-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Well I was working on a program to mill the lions on one side of a emag battery pack and the Automags.org symbol on the other. Don't know if anyone had done or would like that but I thought It would be Sweet. Then hopefully get it anno to color.. What do you all think???

Whee McGee
01-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Well I was working on a program to mill the lions on one side of a emag battery pack and the Automags.org symbol on the other. Don't know if anyone had done or would like that but I thought It would be Sweet. Then hopefully get it anno to color.. What do you all think???
That would actually look very nice. Black pack with the AGD logo laser engraved would definitely turn out nice.

I'd actually like to know if it's ok to use the logo as well. There's a print shop in my neighborhood that would let me do a sweater with the logo on it.

Tom, would you be alright with this?

kruger
01-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I may be out of line on this one, but I think that Tom does not have a problem with individuals using the AGD logo. I had the same question and posted it to one of the well know dealers here. He said that Tom allows it to be used. As long as it is in good taste.

shartley
02-02-2008, 07:14 AM
I may be out of line on this one, but I think that Tom does not have a problem with individuals using the AGD logo. I had the same question and posted it to one of the well know dealers here. He said that Tom allows it to be used. As long as it is in good taste.
This is true.... as long as it is for personal use only. When you start making products for sale, it is different.

However, many reputable places will NOT do logos without written permission of the rights owner. This is because THEY are making money off of the reproduction of the logo and could find themselves in legal hot water.

blake20
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm Just asking to see, I have not started programming because I'd hate to spend all that time and only be able to do my own and I can't afford to use the mill for free for anyone else who would like one.

Blake

Empyreal Rogue
02-02-2008, 07:34 PM
This is true.... as long as it is for personal use only. When you start making products for sale, it is different.

However, many reputable places will NOT do logos without written permission of the rights owner. This is because THEY are making money off of the reproduction of the logo and could find themselves in legal hot water.

Holy name from the past! :wow: