PDA

View Full Version : Need help with RT

bakingwithpaintballs
01-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I have Automag RT that I recently bought off of ebay. The gun looks like new but will not shoot. It does one of two things when I air it up. It fails to reset about half the time, and the trigger goes hyper responsive the rest of the time. I have tried it set up with two tanks. One a 68 4500 set up with an adjustable max flo reg set to 750. The other a preset 68 3000 set for 850. The gun does the same with each. I have taken the gun completely down and changed out every single 0-ring and the main spring. I oil it with KC paintball gun oil. It still does the same thing. I am thinking about trying it without the filter to see if that works. I have had, and worked on many guns in the past, but have no experience with mags. I have two questions. First, would it recommended to run it without the filter. Second, does it even sound like that might be the problem. I did pull the filter out and checked to make sure it was not clogged. I am hesitant to try the gun without it though. I figured I would see if anybody had any ideas before I take a chance on running it with no filter. Any ideas out there would be appreciated.

BlackVCG
01-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Sometimes you can overtighten the banjo bolt and this will cause the bolt to stick. Get it hand tight and then just a touch tighter with an allen wrench. Also, does the valve have the Level 10 bolt? If so, make sure the carrier o-ring isn't too tight.

As for the gun going into runaway mode, check the on/off pin length. It should be .725" As long as you're not dumping 1200 psi into it, it shouldn't go into runaway mode as easily as you describe.

Tao
01-29-2008, 03:52 AM
the sear may be worn. Check to see if it is nicked on the edge (it doesnt take much).

bakingwithpaintballs
01-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Sometimes you can overtighten the banjo bolt and this will cause the bolt to stick. Get it hand tight and then just a touch tighter with an allen wrench. Also, does the valve have the Level 10 bolt? If so, make sure the carrier o-ring isn't too tight.

As for the gun going into runaway mode, check the on/off pin length. It should be .725" As long as you're not dumping 1200 psi into it, it shouldn't go into runaway mode as easily as you describe.

Thanks for the info, it is very informative. I am not sure what level bolt I have though. Is there a way that I can tell the difference between stock and level 10

bakingwithpaintballs
01-29-2008, 10:52 AM
the sear may be worn. Check to see if it is nicked on the edge (it doesnt take much).

Thanks for the info, I will definately check it.

BlackVCG
01-31-2008, 01:23 AM
The level 10 bolt has a stem that sticks out from the base by about 1/4" The stock bolt's stem is recessed inside the bolt.

bakingwithpaintballs
02-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Got the gun up and running now. Seems that I was only hand tightening the banjo bolt. The gun works awesome now. I took it to the local field and shot about 1000 balls through it. The gun shot terrific. Now I just need to go to level 10. Thanks for everything guys.