PDA

View Full Version : Air Bunkers

flying Dutchman
01-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Okay guys another question. It's time to replace our speedball field. I'm not up on all the new inflatables that have hit the market. I'd like your opinion on whats the best bunker systems out there. They have to be tough and not leak and hold up well without warping if possible. Remeber full size, not the smaller x-ball style. Let me know what you think!

Thanks, Dutch

punkncat
01-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Lol the best bunkers are not inflatable at all, they are made of various sizes of PVC drain pipe, and called hyperball.

I really hate airball bunkers from a maintainance standpoint and cannot wait for the phase to pass.

rkjunior303
01-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Buy a Sup'Air field from the NPPL. We got our 7man field for 5K.

olinar
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
If its a personal field, I would just raid the back of a home depot/lowes.

Theres all kinds of pallets and whatnot to be had free.

going_home
01-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Lol the best bunkers are not inflatable at all, they are made of various sizes of PVC drain pipe, and called hyperball.

I really hate airball bunkers from a maintainance standpoint and cannot wait for the phase to pass.

I hate to tell you, its here for a long while.
Two reasons.
1) Anywhere theres open ground a field can be set up
2) Not as nasty on spray as hyperball

Putting a field up isnt bad.
Its taking it down at the end of the day when everyone is dog tired thats tough.

:ninja:

flying Dutchman
01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I have to admit inflatables or hyperball isn't really my thing. But that's what everyone is being forced feed by the industry and that's what they expect to see. I've lots of little wankers running around saying that if we update to air ball they will use the facility. (I doubt it) but we have to try. Our last set didn't weather well over the 4 seasons and it's getting very tired. So if you have seen a brand you like let me know. We've used plastic before, I guess they call it hyperball. But the kids want to "tuck in" to the bunkers. I always figured it didn't matter what you hid behind but what do I know????

WARPED1
01-31-2008, 09:23 PM

The "phase" most likely will not pass for years.
And a hose and a hot day is all you really need for cleanup.

Ninjeff
01-31-2008, 10:28 PM
I have to admit inflatables or hyperball isn't really my thing. But that's what everyone is being forced feed by the industry and that's what they expect to see. I've lots of little wankers running around saying that if we update to air ball they will use the facility. (I doubt it) but we have to try. Our last set didn't weather well over the 4 seasons and it's getting very tired. So if you have seen a brand you like let me know. We've used plastic before, I guess they call it hyperball. But the kids want to "tuck in" to the bunkers. I always figured it didn't matter what you hid behind but what do I know????

At my home field we use Draxxus i think. They are pretty tuff and see lots of usage. Ive only seen one leak, and that was a quick 5 minute patch fix. And that was after the NCPA tourney they did, so the whole field saw some really aggressive play.

drg
01-31-2008, 10:58 PM

I actually agree with this, for some reason I find hyperball fields much more fun to play on. Maybe it's the notches in the corrugation you can shoot people through.

Unfortunately I think we are in the minority.

cerrik
02-01-2008, 12:14 AM
But the kids want to "tuck in" to the bunkers. I always figured it didn't matter what you hid behind but what do I know????

The "tuck" they are talking about constitutes pressing their marker into the airball bunker so they can get a shot off without exposing the parts of themselves they haven't learned to tuck in when firing around 90 degree corners. :) Quiet skillful actually, just like staring at a jumbo-tron to call opponents' positions to teammates instead of actually playing the game. :rolleyes:

Ninjeff
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
I actually agree with this, for some reason I find hyperball fields much more fun to play on. Maybe it's the notches in the corrugation you can shoot people through.

Unfortunately I think we are in the minority.

Heck no man. My favorite field in the world is the hyperball at Sudden Impact (my home field).

Its wierd. It seems a simple and straight forward field to play at first glance, but the more you play it the more you realize how cleverly deceptive it is. I'll tell you if you dont have really good "core" skills that field will eat you up!