PDA

View Full Version : air effeciency kinda

madcrisis
01-28-2008, 04:44 PM
well i was dry firing my mag today and i actually watched the pressure needle on the tank just drop. i was wondering since that effeciency is so bad how much better is it really with a ball in the breech. and if it is so much better why is it?

tech-chan
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Air effiency for my mag is bad when I unscrew the tank.

dstud2000
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
With a ball in the barrel you have something to create back pressure. Kind of like when you are tuning an exhaust for power, when you remove restrictions in the exhaust and make it straighter the exhaust flows more easily there by making more horsepower, but this can cause a loss of low end torque. I am not sure if this is a good comparison. I have noticed even with other paint guns that if I am not shooting paint, just air the efficiency drops.

olinar
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
No joke on the horrible efficiency while dry firing. I literally shot out a while 45/45 within like 10 minutes of shooting.

Zone Drifter
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Since we're on the subject... I remember someone explaining the amount of shots per tank. for example, what would be the formula for finding amount of shots you can get from a 68/3000 vs a 68/4500?

going_home
01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
No joke on the horrible efficiency while dry firing. I literally shot out a while 45/45 within like 10 minutes of shooting.

I know a guy that has an RT pro, and a DM6.
He says the RT Pro is noticeably better on air than the DM6 .

So mags are not really as bad as you guys make them out to be, at all.
Grant it they arent even close to being as air efficient as a Viking, but they
are not the bottom of the barrel when it comes to air usage.

:nono:

rawbutter
01-28-2008, 06:12 PM

I hear you, GH, but I've seen this too. This is the only reason I keep a handful of reballs around. You do use way more air when you're dry firing. Weird.

RRfireblade
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
I know a guy that has an RT pro, and a DM6.
He says the RT Pro is noticeably better on air than the DM6 .

:nono:

Well he's either insane or doesn't have a single clue how to run a DM_. ;)

Anywho . . .

Dry firing always uses way more air. Largely in part to it completely emptying the dump chamber which doesn't happen nearly as much when there is a ball in the chamber.

madcrisis
01-30-2008, 09:38 PM
so if its the dump chamber getting emptied, if i stick a squeegie in the main body will it simulate a ball? and sinces its bigger will it give u even better efficiency?

RRfireblade
01-30-2008, 11:31 PM
It will help for sure , but how much would only be a guess. Depends on how well it seals off the chamber and breach compared to a ball.