PDA

View Full Version : AGD Valve and Misc Questions

Heebs
01-28-2008, 06:46 PM
A few questions.

How high can you increase the operational pressure in valve? I'm assuming you use ~450psi for 300 fps with the stock valve.

Does having a second regulator help in efficiency?

Are all rails compatible with a slug body? Is it just the sear that I need to match with a rail or does the frame need to match the rail as well?

With the lvl 7 bolts that have the attached powertube, can you still access the dump chamber and AIR regulator guts?

Thanks.

Heebs
01-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Another question.

Could you replace some bolt pieces on a X valve (IE get rid of the lvl 10) to increase the X valve efficiency?

Coralis
01-28-2008, 11:46 PM
How high can you increase the operational pressure in valve? I'm assuming you use ~450psi for 300 fps with the stock valve. the only way to increase the pressure in the valve is via the velocity adjuster . the mag has a built in regulator so adjusting the pressure going into the mag will have little effect on the velocity of the mag, however it will effect the reactivity of the rt style valves.

Does having a second regulator help in efficiency? no it will probably starve the gun causing shoot down as you already have a regulator on the bottle and the integrated regulator in the valve.

Are all rails compatible with a slug body? Is it just the sear that I need to match with a rail or does the frame need to match the rail as well? all rails but the classic rt should work

With the lvl 7 bolts that have the attached powertube, can you still access the dump chamber and AIR regulator guts? not sure what you are asking for here

Could you replace some bolt pieces on a X valve (IE get rid of the lvl 10) to increase the X valve efficiency? yes you could "downgrade" to the level 7 for a little bit more efficiency it would require a new powertube tip, spacer kit, and level 7 bolt .

Thanks.

Tao
01-29-2008, 03:56 AM
You don't need to access the dump champer for servicing(you would need to send it into AGD if you did need to get in there). You can still access the valve since the back half (the regulator) will unscrew from the rest of the valve body.

Heebs
01-29-2008, 04:00 AM
I do want to get into the dump chamber for a project.

IDriveBug
01-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I do want to get into the dump chamber for a project.

The only way I am aware of getting "into" the dump chamber is to get a really REALLY old classic valve with the threaded powertube, at which point you can just unscrew the whole tube from the valve body... otherwise lots of luck, it will take some creative cutting and machine work...

Heebs
01-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Also, ALL SLUG bodies are the same correct? AGD didnt release different versions correct?

Shane-O-Mac
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
What you didnt believe me on MCB????...... ;)

All lvl 7 valves have a removeable powertube, it will unscrew once you turn the edge of the powertube off, as it is laser welded on the front half of the reg body. You will need to get a new power tube though, I did forget to mention that. For what your wanting to do, get an X-valve. Your pressure going into the dump chamber will change with a devolumizer, not sure how high you would be able to go, but I wouldnt go too high, as the bolt will be thrown forward much harder. IIRC, Lvl & valves and X valves usually get about 350psi in the dump chamber, and the piston vents at 450psi. You will need to adjust that, or get a reg piston out of an AA reg (Apocalypse, uni reg, raptor, balck ice and violator), the saftey was set at 1200psi or so.

A second reg will not help you at all, unless your using Co2, then you can set it for 600psi and that will help keep the liquid out, Co2 has a hard time staying liquid below 600psi, depending on temperature.

All slugs bodys should work on all Mags except the original RT and Micro.

IDriveBug:
All valves have a removable power tube, otherwise you couldn't machine the dump chamber. A lvl 5 had a circlip holding it in that did fail every know and again, thats why they made the Lvl 7 the way they did and laser welded them on.

Heebs
01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Hahah, MULTIPLE sources fo information my friend.

The SLUG bodies all have the same threading correct?

Shane-O-Mac
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Hahah, MULTIPLE sources fo information my friend.

The SLUG bodies all have the same threading correct?

Yup same threading, spacing, everything thats important!