PDA

View Full Version : xmod question

phizz
01-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Is it normal when you increas your BPS that the maximum FIX you are allowed goes down? As I increase the BPS the maximum FIX the programming allows me goes down.

not that it really matters because my BPS is always set at 15, with a FIX of 46 but when I increase that to say 20BPS I am only allowed a FIX of 35 and the marker sputters. Is this normal?

Rate of fire/Maximum fix allowed
----------------------------------
15/51
18/39
20/35
25/25
31/17

Ruler_Mark
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
this is because, max bps = 1000/(Dwell+Fix)

BigEvil
01-29-2008, 11:00 AM
That FIX is really high. Have you checked the polarity of the solenoid wires?

RavishingEddie
01-29-2008, 11:12 AM
That FIX is really high. Have you checked the polarity of the solenoid wires?

How come in the manual it says to put the fix as high as possible? Assuming I have 15 bps and 15 dwell, are you supposed to then lower down the max fix?

Ruler_Mark
01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
How come in the manual it says to put the fix as high as possible? Assuming I have 15 bps and 15 dwell, are you supposed to then lower down the max fix?
Your dwell is too high, when was the last time your sear was tuned?

the fix is so that the electromagnetic field from the noid doesnt trip the HES. If your solenoid's polarity is set right you can have a lower fix then thoose that are not.

phizz
01-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I just did what the xmod manuel said....

Ruler_Mark
01-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I do not understand your question then, could you rephrase

phizz
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
the programming doesn't allow me to set a high FIX like the 46 I can at 15 BPS, it will only allow me to set my FIX to 35 if I set my BPS to 20.

just wondering if thats normal.

Ruler_Mark
01-29-2008, 06:02 PM
the programming doesn't allow me to set a high FIX like the 46 I can at 15 BPS, it will only allow me to set my FIX to 35 if I set my BPS to 20.

just wondering if thats normal.

yea thats normal because if the fix was set higher you could not have that value for BPS

phizz
01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
okay then another question the marker chuffs like crazy when set at 20 bps because I think the FIC is too low.... would increasing the Dwell help? Or how would you stop this?

Russ
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Chuffing?

Are you sure your hopper is keeping up?

phizz
01-31-2008, 10:55 AM
well I am not sure if its actually chuffing... just what it sounds like.. does it at 15 bps to if my FIX is low.

oh well thanks for the info guys 15bps and it works great so I am happy.

BigEvil
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM

Just about every single marker I have come across has its own 'personality'. You really need to tinker with it to set it to work to its highest potential. Raising the FIX really high limits your ROF, and then really what is the point?

Most emags that have 'stock agd specs' (Dwell, on/off pin length, ect) will only let you shoot reliably with the ROF set at 15 bps. That 'chuffing' that Phizz described, could be the interference of the solenoid magnetic field and the hes. OR, it could be the gun trying to fire before the on/off pin has reset the sear. (I like to say that the 'bolt and sear arent playing together nicely').

On all of my E and X mags, I use on/off pins no longer than .700 (stock size being .712) On my Xmag, which I like to rip on, I have a .685 pin in there. Tom is going to excommunicate for my Specification Blasphemy.

Another thing to note, is that the trigger rod has a tendency to return before you release the trigger. It will bounce off, and cause another shot (just like the RT effect in hybrid mode). If this happens fast enough, the gun will chuff or stall. (looks like bolt stick). This is the same thing as I mentioned above about the sear and bolt not playing together nicely. Take the trigger rod out or shorten it so you are sure its out of the way.

Ruler_Mark
01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
okay then another question the marker chuffs like crazy when set at 20 bps because I think the FIC is too low.... would increasing the Dwell help? Or how would you stop this?

What is your input pressure? 20bps is fast you need to have everything tune'd right aswell as a hopper to have a ball there asap, or a high pressure to over compenstate for un tuned parts.

Example my emag before i tuned my sear etc. I would have to set my input to around ~1100psi to get it to RT in mech mode. In E mode i would have to have a dwell of 15ms and eat batts fast. I tuned the sear and tune'd the lvlX, relubed the value and set my screws to elminate bolt stick, I can now RT at ~850psi and my dwell is down to 9ms.
:cheers:

note on E mode before i tuned my gun i was able to run 24 bps on 1100 psi before chuffing 18 at 850psi (dry fireing), 19 with vlo on lowest setting 110psi didnt test the other

BAZOOKA_Boy
02-15-2008, 02:23 AM
now that I got my mag back from being Xmodded (thanks Mark) I got to mess with it, I was wondering waht the fix was, sounds like it was explained, but that chuffing is a similar problem I have when I try to set my mag to shoot faster than 20, shoots great at 20, but no faster, due to the low 850psi input, and my level 10 not being tuned perfectly...so it may not be your settings that cause the chuff, it may just be that your level 10 is a little out of adjustment...

idk, and I know I resurrected a semi old thread, but it did help explain a lot to me about the Xmod! :P