PDA

View Full Version : Mech to Elec conversion

RiotKing
01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
ok so i have decided to mod my RT ULE mag from mechanical to electro. before i sift through the dozens of articles here im just going to make a thread and hope for the best.

a few questions:

i have heard i can do a spyder mod and install a spider grip fairly easily ( good/ bad idea?)

i have heard centerflag produces grips that are electro and compatable with my ULE, also that another company may manufacture boards for better preformance

and ive heard stories of someones mag locking up from firing too fast ( sounds completely false to me)

any suggestions? im open to any, also , without drilling into the screw, what is the best way to remove a stripped screw from my asa? take the hose and other screw out and just twist the asa around til it comes out?

robnix
01-29-2008, 11:51 PM
i have heard i can do a spyder mod and install a spider grip fairly easily ( good/ bad idea?)

i have heard centerflag produces grips that are electro and compatable with my ULE, also that another company may manufacture boards for better preformance

Luke at http://www.lukescustoms.com does the spyder mod better than anyone out there. It's a good way to go and it's well worth having him do the work for you.

Ego frames can be modded to fit and work very well.

Centerflag no longer produces Hyperframes. They're good frames, and drop right in, but the spyder and ego options are better choices IMHO.

nd ive heard stories of someones mag locking up from firing too fast

If you can get yours over 34.6 bps you can let us know if it happens.

http://zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/34bps.mov

RiotKing
01-29-2008, 11:55 PM
hmmm that ego idea sounds tasty, any speciffic grips in mind? or just any ego will work?

and as far as a mag locking up, i really didnt believe the kid.

also, i know someone that has said hyperframe, used only a few times. collected alot of dust. would you still suggest the ego over that?

robnix
01-29-2008, 11:56 PM
hmmm that ego idea sounds tasty, any speciffic grips in mind? or just any ego will work?

and as far as a mag locking up, i really didnt believe the kid.

also, i know someone that has said hyperframe, used only a few times. collected alot of dust. would you still suggest the ego over that?

Having used both, YES. But if you can get the hyperframe for a song and a dance you can do a few things with it like upgrade the board and get a new trigger from Luke that makes it a nicer frame.

RiotKing
01-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Having used both, YES. But if you can get the hyperframe for a song and a dance you can do a few things with it like upgrade the board and get a new trigger from Luke that makes it a nicer frame.

hmm will the e-tek STAR frame fit? or will i be luckey enough to be able to jam say something to the effect of a vitureboard in the CF

robnix
01-30-2008, 12:43 AM
hmm will the e-tek STAR frame fit? or will i be luckey enough to be able to jam say something to the effect of a vitureboard in the CF

The only boards that will fit the CF frame are Scenerio Dreams T-boards, and Ape Rampage boards.

The star frame should work, search for egomag here to see what people have done.

RiotKing
01-30-2008, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=robnix]The only boards that will fit the CF frame are Scenerio Dreams T-boards, and Ape Rampage boards.

The star frame should work, search for egomag here to see what people have done.[/QUOTE thank you, this forum is freakin sweet