PDA

View Full Version : X tuning help

cpt
01-30-2008, 08:55 AM
I have an RT with levelX I put in a couple of years ago. I run a revvy on it and never a chop and never a problme. I was messing around a couple of days ago and I think it would chop if I had a ball in there. It's pretty forceful, I wouldn't want my tongue in there. Anyhow, looking thru the threads and videos is the force tuned by the spring? No leaks, no bolt stick, just want a little gentler bolt.

yaaaowHuggs
01-30-2008, 09:18 AM
What spring do you have in there? That effects the force, but also the number of shims effects where the lvl10 will and will not 'chuff.'
Telling us carrier size, number of shims, and what length spring will make helping you easier

cpt
01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I have the 0 carrier (ungroved and no dots) 1 shim and a gold spring. I have a red spring, a silver cut and a silver uncut spring and 3 gold springs.

yaaaowHuggs
01-30-2008, 09:52 AM
try the red spring, with 2 shims and the largest carrier that doesnt leak. let us know how that works out.

cpt
01-30-2008, 10:34 AM
The only carrier that doesn't leak is the 0, anymore than 1 shim and it leaks and any other spring it won't reset all the time. I guess this is what I have.

stompdown
01-30-2008, 02:53 PM
I had the red spring and 3 shims and was chopping paint like crazy. I had to switch to the longest spring to reduce ball chop.

Ruler_Mark
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
The only carrier that doesn't leak is the 0, anymore than 1 shim and it leaks and any other spring it won't reset all the time. I guess this is what I have.

reseting issue can be cause by bolt stick, your thumb or body screw may be too tight or too loose. on the weaker spring the pressure overcomes the bolt stick.