PDA

View Full Version : need quiet barrel for woodsball

crazygn
01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I have a almost stock minimag that has a dye boomstick barrel now. It seems a little to much for me playing woods ball, iam looking for something quiet that is hard to pin point in the woods.

Back in the day when i played 10-15 years ago everyone used smartparts barrels and you had a hard time finding where they were shooting from.

just need a quiet and accurate barrel for woodsball

robnix
01-30-2008, 11:02 AM
I have a almost stock minimag that has a dye boomstick barrel now. It seems a little to much for me playing woods ball, iam looking for something quiet that is hard to pin point in the woods.

Back in the day when i played 10-15 years ago everyone used smartparts barrels and you had a hard time finding where they were shooting from.

just need a quiet and accurate barrel for woodsball

Take a look at the Deadlywind barrels, very quiet.

crazygn
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
i forgot, something kinda cheap since i need to buy two one for my minimag and one for my ion

my dye barrel says ultralite on the side, do the boomsticks have this or is this something else

rawbutter
01-30-2008, 12:34 PM
my dye barrel says ultralite on the side, do the boomsticks have this or is this something else

Boomsticks don't have "ultralite" on them. Ultralite barrels do. ;)

So... you don't have a Boomstick, actually.

Funny thing is, I'd recommend a Boomstick. That's what I have on my classic, and many people have told me that it's hard to tell where I'm coming from. You can usually find them for pretty cheap on eBay (like... less than $40).

J&J Ceramics are pretty quiet too... although harder to find in twistlock. (My buddy has a J&J on his autococker, and when he fires, I never have a clue where he's coming from.) They are also very inexpensive.

crazygn
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
i see what your saying lol maybe i'll see if its worth trading or selling so i can get another barrel

ljpiller
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Double Ported Palmer's Brass barrels tested to be the quietest overall on Mann's Barrel Test.

Every few inches of length take off about a dB of sound.

rawbutter
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Every few inches of PORTED length take off about a dB of sound.

Fixed. ;)

My twenty-inch Interceptor barrel is unported and loud as hell. It's darn accurate, though.

crazygn
01-30-2008, 08:08 PM
ok i'll check those also, how long of a barrel should i use in woods ball, 12-14"

Looper
01-30-2008, 08:12 PM
i forgot, something kinda cheap since i need to buy two one for my minimag and one for my ion

I have a deadly winds Fibur barrel for sale with ION threads. If you are interested PM me.

crazygn
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
i dont have that much money right now, like 57.00 lol. Anyone looking to trade a dye ultralite for a nice ported smartparts barrel

Coralis
01-30-2008, 10:17 PM
try ebay i seen at least 10 barrels that are in your price range including a smart parts all American just a few mins ago

drg
01-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Aren't ultralites ported the same as boomsticks?

sixtoes1313
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
I personally love Dye barrels: i have a 14" boomstick on a classic and had a 14" ultralight on a tac one. Both I thought were quiet. 16" barrels seem to be the quietest without loosing too much power though.

TheRock
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
14" stiffi is :ninja: on a tac 1

RA1N1ER
01-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I do use a Xcel barrel on my AC/mag and have been told that they didn't even knew that I was in the same vicinity during a game.....

Sumthinwicked
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
an xcell damn got rid of one :D guess ill have to use my endgame compression ;) or my teardrop freaks :p

djellum
02-03-2008, 02:04 AM
2 ways you can go. You can decrease distance the sound travels or change its direction.

the quietest mag I have scene was one with a custom suppressor on it. guy had a barrel (dont know which one) that had a lot of porting and had his buddy make a sleeve that went over it and left about 1/2 inch space around the barrel. capped the gap on the front and left holes for the sound and air to escape in the rear. its damn quiet, at least to the front adn sides. Pretty much the same idea as a pop bottle silencer, though it doesnt cover the sound leaving the front of the barrel like a silencer would.

Not all the sound comes out of the barrel, though its the loudest ussually. try putting some cloth around the outside of the marker, loader, etc to dull the mechanical sounds of the gun. Lightweight cloth loosely put over your porting can quiet the noise down too, just make sure you leave enough slack for your air to escape

bgjkm
02-05-2008, 10:44 PM
i have a 14" stiffi and it's really quiet

punkrex
02-05-2008, 11:55 PM
I have a twist lock Smartparts All American 14" barrel that was real nice for woods ball. It’s for sale *Shameless plug*.

Sound suppressors or "silencers" are illegal in most states and although the po-po aint hangin out at most fields, you could technically get hit with felony charges from the ATF if caught w/ one.

Taken from specialopspaintball.com:
To own a paintball gun silencer legally, you must live in one of the states that allow private ownership of sound suppressors. If so, you can purchase a silencer (paintball or firearm,) from a licensed firearms dealer (if such a thing were actually manufactured.) Then, you would have to get the signature of your local law enforcement officer on a form that requires a two-hundred dollar tax stamp. After waiting between two and six months, if you're not a felon, the transfer of your paintball silencer would come through and you could go back to your dealer and pick it up.

More can be read here http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/paintball_silencers.asp