PDA

View Full Version : Classic rt venting from back

olinar
01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Ive got a classic rt w/ lvl 10 here. The valve is venting everything from the back, all the air I put in the marker goes straight out of the back. I figured the reg piston was bad so I bought one from Tuna, it hasnt came in yet but I was getting bored so I tried one form my working mag and it didn't change anything.

Anythin else i can look at? im checking out the exploded .pdf of the retro valve atm but i cant find anything missing.

lediable
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, the main reason it vents out the back is the velocity adjustment is too high. The Lvl10 makes the problem worse because you have to turn up the velocity. Try swapping for a shorter bolt spring if you have them.

Just put the Lvl10 in my RT last week. With the longest spring I couldn't get it to fire at all, just leaking out the back. I ended up using the shortest spring. I haven't got a chrony to test it (plus my tank is empty) but at least it fires with no air leaks now.

olinar
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
I got the beast running great with some fine adjustment.

I read a while ago that the older classic rt's came with a reg piston taht will dump pressure once its velocity is set too high. This is a problem because they werent letting enough pressure to use the lvl 10 in conjuncture with it.

I fixed the problem and its working great now, just some minor finetuning needed and the drop in of an oring that was missing lol.