PDA

View Full Version : All the new hoppers?

Mikey B
02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I am looking for a new hopper. I havn't looked at hoppers since buying my Halo about ~4 years ago. Since then there are a lot of new ones that I have no clue about. So what makes certain ones more desirable then the others? What is an rf chip(if even a chip)? I suppose I am mostly looking at the Vlocitys or Magna. Any info on those besides the basic info would be great.

Hexis
02-01-2008, 10:06 AM
I got a Magna and I really like it.

RF is Radio Frequency. An RF chip provides a wireless (radio) signal to the hopper when the gun fires, activating the hopper. Not sure if it has a lot of value, the normal sound activation seams to work fine for me.

The good about the magna:
The extra capacity is great. It gives you a buffer between reloads.
All the good proven Halo B/Reloader B technology
No more tools for battery swap

The different (from a halo)
The balance is different (your take on it may be good or bad)

I have not tried the other types of hoppers out there, just Halos, Reloader Bs and a Magna.

Mongoose
02-01-2008, 10:41 AM
i have a vlocity with the virtue chip.
the virtue chip is not needed, the balance is perfect and they hold alot of paint.
also have the vlocity junior, holds less paint but also a great buy.

no need to spend over $100 on a hopper,

the only negative i see with the vlocity is that they go thrue batteries fast...but i bought a boneback to fix that :D

Mikey B
02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Hexis and Mongoose, Thank you for the quick response.

I had a bone pack for my Halo and loved it, will by another when I decide which hopper to get.

The only thing that I question about the Magna is how it offsets the weight and puts stress on the feedneck like an Egg. When I had an Egg, I liked it, however twice it ripped the feedneck off of the body. Any chance of that happening because of the Magna?

On the Vlocitys(or any other hopper), do the aftermarket chips really make a difference? On my Halo all I did was put in the speedwheel and it worked just fine for me.

Thanks!

Edit - Mongoose, how close is the fit with the Bone pack in the Vlocity. I came across a guy who said that his doesn't fit in the hopper.

manike
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
The only thing that I question about the Magna is how it offsets the weight and puts stress on the feedneck like an Egg. When I had an Egg, I liked it, however twice it ripped the feedneck off of the body. Any chance of that happening because of the Magna?

I made some changes to the way the Magna feedneck is designed and made to reduce the risk of that.

We've sold thousands of Magna's so far and we haven't had a single one returned with a neck issue. :dance:

Mongoose
02-01-2008, 12:45 PM
the boneback fitting has never been an issue...t0nnn also has one and he never had any issues either. for the vlocity the bonebacks are the same as 9v's in size

and the virtue chip made it faster "which was not need" and also saves battery consumption.
also had some different modes...such as breakout and anti jam

on the vlocity the battery is up front and the hardware is more towards the back..making it very well balanced. never snapped a neck

Mongoose
02-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I made some changes to the way the Magna feedneck is designed and made to reduce the risk of that.

We've sold thousands of Magna's so far and we haven't had a single one returned with a neck issue. :dance:

cherry hill is only 20 minutes away!!!!!

do you have a store nearby?

manike
02-01-2008, 01:20 PM
cherry hill is only 20 minutes away!!!!!

do you have a store nearby?

I have a whole warehouse?... but we don't sell retail.

I run the R&D team for KEE Action Sports. KEE HQ is based in Sewell, NJ.

Mongoose
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM

lol....i might know you...i live in turnersville.

i'll test stuff out for ya!!!! :D

RavishingEddie
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
I believe today the JRNY hoppers are being released. You should wait a couple weeks so that all the hoppers could be compared to each other and then you take your pick. I am personally very interested in the JRNY hopper, the technology seems very revolutionary.

fullofpaint
02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a VLocity and a magna. Uptill the magna came out I loved my vlocity, light, carries a lot, and uses 9v. But the magna fixed most of my complaints about a halo and holds a ridiculous amount of paint, plus it can use a speedfeed without mods unlike a vlocity. I highly recommend the magna.

68magOwner
02-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Vlocity Jr with gangstar chip. Super light, balances great, has a huge lid at a great angle for easily loading while shooting. Good battery life with the gangstar chip.

MechWarrior
02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Rumor has it that the Magna is smoother than the other Halo’s/Reloader’s not just for the lower profile, but b/c the Pro’s wanted to make it easier to wipe a hit! :nono: I didn’t believe that they would make something easier to cheat w/ but when my local proshop guy showed me how easy it was to wipe with one hand I was shocked! For those of you that have them, take your hand from the bottom of the loader and just rub it across the bottom and wrap around to the top to get the idea.

Rudz
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM

yeahi think he kinds knows what hes talking about..just a little bit..lol :headbang: , hey buddy you coming to hb nppl again?

Mikey B
02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Wow, thanks for all the answers guys! Pretty much can't go wrong with either :) Still going to wait till it warms up a bit but looking forward to one of the two. Thanks!

PsychoBaller
02-01-2008, 06:10 PM
I believe today the JRNY hoppers are being released. You should wait a couple weeks so that all the hoppers could be compared to each other and then you take your pick. I am personally very interested in the JRNY hopper, the technology seems very revolutionary.

JRNY is gonna destroy the Magna..... regardless of the Magna's RF capability.

Foxworthy
02-01-2008, 06:26 PM

I miss 888 Paintball and the old NPS store.