PDA

View Full Version : LvL 10 x valve question

muddshutter
02-02-2008, 01:26 PM
i am using a Micromag with a lvl 10, X valve, Red spring, ULT, Macro lines, new o-rings, etc etc.

At a high rate of fire w/o paint, The level 10 kind of chokes like there is an obstructed ball. It chokes two or three times and the shoots fine again. It happens with paintballs inside as well. Any quick answers to this?

djellum
02-02-2008, 09:11 PM
try checking the tune on the L10. May have 2 many shims

Mongoose
02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
you need to tune your lvl x.
sounds like its not tuned properly

muddshutter
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I started with 2 shims. I removed one and i still have the problem. I took out the other shim, so now i have none and it still does the same thing. So, any new ideas?

punkrex
02-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I started with 2 shims. I removed one and i still have the problem. I took out the other shim, so now i have none and it still does the same thing. So, any new ideas?
Try going down a size

SkinnyHare
02-02-2008, 10:58 PM
what PSI are you putting into the system?

secretweaponevan
02-03-2008, 02:19 AM
If it is "LVL 10'ing" or chuffing where it didn't before:

1. Your bolt spring is too long for the velocity you are currently playing at.
2. The system needs oil.
3. Your carrier is too tight. (not likely if it worked before)

muddshutter
02-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Punk- Q. Try going down a size of what?

A. Not sure what you mean here?

Skinnyhare- Q. what PSI are you putting into the system?

A. I am using a standard HP HPA tank, so it should be 850. I am not opposed to getting an adjustable HPA tank if i truly need it

secretweaponevan - Q. If it is "LVL 10'ing" or chuffing where it didn't before:

A. I can still use it and it works 90%, it just LVL 10's a few times here and there?

Q. 1. Your bolt spring is too long for the velocity you are currently playing at.

A. I will try a smaller spring then and see what that does.

Q. 2. The system needs oil.

A. I cannot imagine putting more oil in this gun, there is a generous amount already.

Q. 3. Your carrier is too tight. (not likely if it worked before)

A. The gun works, like i mentioned above, it just seems to have a small little problem here and there. It seems strange that it is an intermittent "LVL 10'ing" thing.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Mongoose
02-03-2008, 08:33 AM
you need to do a search on here for how to tune a level 10.

otherwise your gonna go in circles

but i'll give you the basics.

first find a carrier/oring and slide it onto your bolt stem. holding the carrier let the bolt hang and wiggle...if it slides right off, its too big...go down a carrier and try again...but always using the same o-ring. when you have one the lets the bolt slide off after a little wiggling. thats the one....next put it together and add 3 shims...air it up..if it leaks out the barrel..remove a shim...keep doing this untill no leak.
also start out by using the gold spring

oil it up and you should be set!

note: if your o-ring is brand new...your gonna need to go down a carrier size after a few cases of paint.

also make sure your testing this with a full tank and with your velocity in the area that you will be shooting.

hope this helps
-Goose-

muddshutter
02-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Mongoose- Thanks for the help

The old carrier had no markings of any kind on it.

I put in a new carrier, it has one line below the oring and the same o-ring inside. I tried three shims and it vents out the front.

I took one shim out and it performs better. no venting out the front. Fires better than it was. Still, if i rapid fire, about 20 or so shots in w/o paint and it lvl 10's one shot, then i keep going and about 30 shots later it may do it again for one or two shots.

Is there a carrier in between the two sizes i have tried?

Mongoose
02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Mongoose- Thanks for the help

The old carrier had no markings of any kind on it.

I put in a new carrier, it has one line below the oring and the same o-ring inside. I tried three shims and it vents out the front.

I took one shim out and it performs better. no venting out the front. Fires better than it was. Still, if i rapid fire, about 20 or so shots in w/o paint and it lvl 10's one shot, then i keep going and about 30 shots later it may do it again for one or two shots.

Is there a carrier in between the two sizes i have tried?

yes the carrier will have one dot. you can also try adding 1 ult shim to the lvl 10 see if that leaks? a ult shim is half the thickness of a lvl 10 shim

what kind of on/off do you have?

muddshutter
02-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I am headed out to the field soon, i am going to try it and see what happens first. I will let you know?

muddshutter
02-03-2008, 07:12 PM
It did it again, but it wasn't that bad, just intermittent in its lvl 10ing.

athomas
02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
If your setup wasn't leaking don't go down a carrier size. Always use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Do this without any shims installed.

If the level 10 is tuned properly and you get chuffing you are probably not using a high enough velocity setting for the spring you are using. You should be shooting about 20fps above the lowest velocity that the mag will fire at. If that value is too high, then you need to use a shorter, lighter bolt spring.

If the level 10 is properly setup, then the ULT could be your culprit.

muddshutter
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
The ULT brings a new aspect into the equation.

How would i diagnose that?

athomas
02-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Try adding a shim or 2 to the ULT. If you don't have enough shims, you could be short stroking during rapid firing. However, too many shims and you release air into the front chamber before the bolt is full back. This would cause bolt stick. It sounds to me like you could be short stroking.

muddshutter
03-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I finally called Roman AT AGD and he helped me fix the problem

He first had me go to the yellow spring and i put an extra shim in the ULT. That fixed my level-10ing or coughing problem. Then air was leaking down the barrel, so i went to the smallest carrier with the same oring and VIOLA its FIXED.

I now have a perfectly timed x valve. Gosh, i cannot wait to use it now.

If you need help, Call Roman at AGD, HE'S GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail: :) :D :cool:

DarkNidan {MWB}
03-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Is it just the normal AGD number?