PDA

View Full Version : Need Logic UMF grip screws

Dawg047
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Does any one know where I could get four Logic UMF grip screws that hold the grips on. I have used my others for my Peumag project and I need 4 more. Does Logic sell these? If anyone has any or knows where I could get some, let me know. Thanks-Dawg047

Chaos_Theory!
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Hardware Store?

rawbutter
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
I lost one of mine at a field and had to buy a replacement. I just went to my local hardware store. They were 6-32 screws, if I remember correctly, and they cost me about 15 cents.

The replacement screws were a hair longer than the screws that came with the frame, but it doesn't really matter. If there's something behind the screw bracket, then you can cut them shorter. If there isn't something there, leave them long.

CoolHand
02-04-2008, 03:00 AM
They come with #6-32 x 3/8" flat socket head cap screws.

Lowes, Home Depot, or any good hardware store should have them.

I send stainless steel hardware with the frames. Be aware that regular uncoated carbon steel hardware can and will corrode when put into contact with bare aluminum.

IE, don't use bare regular steel screws, or after a few weeks, you'll never get them back out again. Only use stainless, or standard steel with black oxide or some other type of coating or plating (zinc, cadmium, chrome, copper, etc).

:cheers:

Dawg047
02-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Rawbutter- You just gave me a huge ideal, if I put longer screws in, I could just notch a hole on each side of my actuator for the grip screws to hold on to it with. I think this might work, ooh, ooh, ooh, I might be on to something, I might not have to drill and tap holes for my actuator. :cheers:
Coolhand-Thanks alot, I emailed Logic right after I posted this thread and they gave me a quick response. Thanks, you guys at Logic are great. Up for Logic Paintball and Coolhand. :cheers:

CoolHand
02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Rawbutter- You just gave me a huge ideal, if I put longer screws in, I could just notch a hole on each side of my actuator for the grip screws to hold on to it with. I think this might work, ooh, ooh, ooh, I might be on to something, I might not have to drill and tap holes for my actuator. :cheers:
Coolhand-Thanks alot, I emailed Logic right after I posted this thread and they gave me a quick response. Thanks, you guys at Logic are great. Up for Logic Paintball and Coolhand. :cheers:

That was me too.

There is only one of "us" here at Logic, and that's me.

It used to be three guys, then two, and for the last few years now, just one.

Nice to know that I could still pass for more than one dude though. :ninja:

mpsd
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't want to hijack the thread but, can anyone tell me which screws are used on the Airwalk as well? I bought a pair of SPD Customs grips but the screws Jay sent with the Airwalk won't work, since their heads aren't flat (in the bottom part) and, therefore, they become too short when applied over the new grip panels. SPD also sent me a set of screws along with the grips but, as they are Angel GAT screws, they are larger then the Airwalk threads too.

I've sent a PM to Jay but I'm holding another buy with Rogue, just waiting on this info (I'm thinking if maybe the black aluminum screws Roghe sells would work too).

Thanks,

Mendel.