PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Autococker...Recommend a Tech to send toO?

SHOCKER1050
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
hey guys,
i havent played paintball consistently since high school, but i have this old evolution x autococker and i was thinking about getting fixed and going back out to the fields once in a while....anyways...theres no good techs around here, so i was wondering if any ofyou could recommend one i could send the gun too....the reason i am sending it in is because i dropped it in water a while back and pretty much neglected it, so i just want to see if the tech believes it to be scrap metal or can fix it for a reasonable price....thanks in advance....

john

Draken
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, I do work on the side fixing markers, and mostly cockers...I don't do it to get rich so am rather cheap...PM me and we can talk

Ruler_Mark
02-04-2008, 02:30 PM
hey i use to build cockers, know them in and out, drop me a pm of sorts and we can go from there. Have you tested it at all?

SHOCKER1050
02-05-2008, 11:45 AM
have not put air through it since the incident. the hinge trigger is oxidized and the screw is stripped so i might need a new hinge trigger on it. the reg on the front block has some oxidation on it but i dont know if water got in the front block or not so it might be ok. the bolt is stuck in the chamber, but im sure it can be pulled out with plyers. soooo....i know some stuff needs repaired...i just really like the color of this gun so i would rather rebuild it using the body in a worse case scenerio than get rid of it....

MrBlack
02-05-2008, 02:05 PM
I build them and also have a Tech Video (on cd) that I have used in the past to repair tweak and modded the crap out of them form spare parts and my friends that needed help...

I have a entire pneumatic set that I am not using.. unfortunatly its all stock cocker parts and only needs a pump arm and the front block bolt 'o'rings. Oh and I also have a Shocktech swing trigger frame in chrome that I am also not using.

Lenny
02-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Ever hear the name Dan Dempsey?

He's a local proshop owner. He played NPPL back in the day on a team called "Ohio Black Reign" (OBH). They took first at least once. Autocockers are, and always have been, his first choice. He's been teching the things forever, and knows quite a few industry reps (he actually went out to dinner with the owner of Infamous the other night. I think his name is Lo, or Bo. Either way, he stopped into the shop and I got to chat with him. Nice guy.)

If you'd like, I could send you Dan's contact info and you and him could work something out. He's pretty much the only guy I trust with 'Cockers (besides myself, of course).

phizz
02-07-2008, 08:59 PM
if you want to send to Canada, Badlands paintball is an awsome repair shop for cockers, thats where I send all mine to get tuned.

SHOCKER1050
02-12-2008, 03:05 PM
thanks for the help guys. i already sent it out to draken.
john