PDA

View Full Version : GA players!!!!

punkncat
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I am making my official return to the sport this coming Saturday at Hot Shots/ Windy Hill Paintball. I am not fully recovered, but enough time has passed that I can take it no more.

I am planning on being out around 12ish. I will probably be there earlier than that and most likely all day, until 5. It has a lot to do with how many people show up and how good my leg feels that day as to how much I will actually play.

From north Atlanta: Directions are, come south on I-75 and get off at exit 218 which is the hwy 20/81 exit in McDonough, Ga.
Go left off the hwy and proceed roughly two miles. You will see the old jail annex on your right and just at that Phillips Dr, go Right.
Take and immediate right onto Windy Hill Rd and BINGO.

Here is a Mapquest map of the immediate area.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=p47vqaHNHruq%2fJ9p7wOC4A%3d%3d&longitude=MtEnSrvSCKKdq2gi1Jod1A%3d%3d&name=Henry%20County%20Parks%20%26%20Rec%20Dept&country=US&address=100%20Windy%20Hill%20Rd%20%23%20A&city=Mcdonough&state=GA&zipcode=30253&phone=770%2d288%2d7300&spurl=0&&q=Windy%20Hill%20park&qc=Parks

Field fee and air are $20. This is a FPO field and I think cases start at $40 or 45.
If enough people confirm I am going to talk with the operator of the field and see if he will allow us "private party" status which will cut down on costs a bit, but allow for full price just in case.
Bring extra shoes. The field is a bit murky this time of year if it rains at all this week.

trevorjk
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
hope everything goes great! id totally come out and play with ya, but i have this logistical problem :(

just out of curiosity how are you going to be able to protect the new foot with the wet muddy terrain? what kind of prosthetic did you get?

punkncat
02-05-2008, 02:28 PM
hope everything goes great! id totally come out and play with ya, but i have this logistical problem :(

just out of curiosity how are you going to be able to protect the new foot with the wet muddy terrain? what kind of prosthetic did you get?

Hey thanks.

I have a suction socket with a veriflex foot. I just put a shoe on. The biggest problem is that if I sink over ankle deep in water then my foot fills up with water....not that I will feel like a I have wet sock or anything, lol.

trevorjk
02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
well play safe and keep dry! i hope the experience is good :-D best of luck on the weekend :cheers: