PDA

View Full Version : Barrel recomindation

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Ok so my pump mag is nearing completion. All I need back is my Eclipse rail from Warpedmephisto and we will be up and running. There is a problem though. The All American that came with the splash kit is a massive bore making the gun very inaccurate. I'm thinking of just buying a different twist lock barrel for playing and keep the matching one for pics.

I was thinking about an Amison stealth barrel but I've never owned one. How big is the bore on them?

What other barrels should I look into? The field paint here usually run around a .683 to a .686.

Shane-O-Mac
02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Have the matching barrel bored out for inserts, if the back piece is long enough........

Oh wait its a twist lock right? Well since its an open bolt gun, you dont need to match the paint, unless your using a small tank. I generally use a .689 barrel on my mags, paint matching doesnt affect ball flight hardly at all, just air efficiency.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
02-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Then why is the marker so inaccurate?

jade_monkey07
02-08-2008, 08:27 PM
i dont agree with shane at all. i notice a big diffirence if i dont size properly. the air escaping around the ball during acceleration is turbulent and would make the ball bounce around in the barrel wich will cause slight variations in flight.

Shane-O-Mac
02-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Then why is the marker so inaccurate?

Bad paint most likely, maybe inconsistant air valve? How was the velocity last time you used it? Even with loose fit the FPS should be +/-5. Looks like in the pic that the barrel has a long back, so you could have it bored out for freak inserts if you like. Even when I use my Freak kit, I size up a size or 2 to make up for the odd paintball. If I am using my Sniper, then I tighten it up. Until I got the Freak I used an older ACI barrel that let my paint roll out and it didnt hurt accuracy at all, just air efficency. There was a post about this awhile back and Manike agreed with other about overboring not really hurting accuracy. But to each his own, I would rather use the matching barrel than to worry about paint fit on a Mag. Look up Twinky on the new PHOG forums for barrel boring.

Shane-O