PDA

View Full Version : Qloaded RT

SouthMcSuck
02-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Well i recently bought a Qloader and slapped it on my RT mag. Well so far, its not functioning like I know it should.

Today when I was testing it for the first time to see if it was working right, the qloader would load the balls up the feed tube and into the gun, but the balls would get stuck in the powerfeed tube, so i had to tap then to get them to drop into the gun to be fired. I think the plug was blocking the paintballs, but im not sure. Has this happened to anyone else with a powerfeed body?

Right now though, my qpods arent even feeding the balls up the feedtube, and i have no clue why. I twist the qpod into place, but the balls dont go anywhere. Any clue as to why?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

olinar
02-09-2008, 09:44 PM
the power tube jam could just be a bad powerfeed plug. Older powerfed mags has faulty plugs and were swapped out for newer ones.

Swap that out first and that should fix that issue. Idk about the q tho as i have never owned one of those.

SouthMcSuck
02-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Alright bro, thanks, ill try that.

Looper
02-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Is it a used QLoader or new? Make sure it has the proper preload on the internal spring. If it is used check their web site for a pdf of the manual on how to set the spring preload.

SouthMcSuck
02-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Its new, i just got it in the mail yesterday.
I just got done taking the Qpods apart just so i could get the paint i had in them, out, just b/c it wasnt feeding.

The spring may have been prewound too much, but really, i dont know how to tell if the spring is wound the right amount of times or not. How do you tell?

WickedKlown2
02-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Its new, i just got it in the mail yesterday.
I just got done taking the Qpods apart just so i could get the paint i had in them, out, just b/c it wasnt feeding.

The spring may have been prewound too much, but really, i dont know how to tell if the spring is wound the right amount of times or not. How do you tell?

South

Here is a link to the QLoader Webby and watch the "PREWIND" movie... QLoader Movie Link (http://www.qloader.com/supportmovies.html)

Hope this helps out...

SouthMcSuck
02-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks Wicked, I never noticed those videos on the Qloader website before, im sure they'll help.

custar
02-10-2008, 02:52 PM
I will guarantee you Olinar hit this one on the head. The face on many of the older powerfeed plugs did not have a good parabolic curve, so they acted more like a plug than a redirecting device. Sadly, recarving the face of the plug to have the proper curve isn't an option. Pick up a newer plug with a curved face and you will be fine.

custar

JMSTECH2020
06-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I have the same exact issue with my Mag.

Has the feed plug helped and where can I find a new plug???

This one has been driving me nuts for about a month now.

I figured out that if you turn the plug 1/4 turn it releases the ball, but I bought the Q to not have to "pump" and prime the gun.

CAT/J
06-23-2008, 06:20 PM
of the parabolic feed plug a couple years ago... Never really had too many issues back in the day with regular auto and mini mags... but apparently they were the rage of later 'mags with high feed rates and whatnot.